Transporting from FoxPro 2.6/DOS to FoxPro 2.6/WINDOWS
Author Message
 Transporting from FoxPro 2.6/DOS to FoxPro 2.6/WINDOWS

My company has an application written in Foxpro for dos 2.6 and I have
been chosen to port it to foxpro 2.6 to windows. I am working in a windows
95 environment. I am stuck on the following topics:
1. when i try to transport a report and setting the font in the transport
dialog box, i get a "resource manager, internal consistency error" and
Foxpro dissappears.
2. Only some of the fonts show up in the font dialog box. FoxFont doesn't
always show up. I need to use FoxFont because it is a dos-like font.

Thanks.

Sat, 18 Sep 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Transporting from FoxPro 2.6/DOS to FoxPro 2.6/WINDOWS

I'm in the middle of a very similar project and I am having the same
problem.

I dug into the transporter problem and the failure (at least in my
situation) involved the use of the FONTMETRIC function following the use of
the GETFONT() function.

My solution was to comment out the GETFONT() function and instead set its
target variable by passing the required font string in the third parameter
to  transprt.prg.  The documentation says the parameter is unused and my
change didn't seem to hurt anything.

Anyway, using the transprt.prg in a procedure I can also followup and
adjust the horizontal position and width variables in the scx entries so
that the fields line up right also (for instance for "Courier New, 7,N"
these have to be multiplied by 1.0915 (or something like that) to line up.

Finally, the batch approach allowed me to batch process the conversions.

If you're interested a copy of the basic stuff I did let me know.

Quote:
> My company has an application written in Foxpro for dos 2.6 and I have
> been chosen to port it to foxpro 2.6 to windows. I am working in a
windows
> 95 environment. I am stuck on the following topics:
> 1. when i try to transport a report and setting the font in the transport
> dialog box, i get a "resource manager, internal consistency error" and
> Foxpro dissappears.
> 2. Only some of the fonts show up in the font dialog box. FoxFont doesn't
> always show up. I need to use FoxFont because it is a dos-like font.

> Thanks.

Sat, 18 Sep 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Transporting from FoxPro 2.6/DOS to FoxPro 2.6/WINDOWS

This is an acknowledged bug. AFAIK, the only workaround is to transport the
report without changing the font, and then modify the font after the
transporting process.

-- Dan --

when i try to transport a report and setting the font in the transport

Quote:
> dialog box, i get a "resource manager, internal consistency error" and
> Foxpro dissappears.

Sat, 18 Sep 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. transporting report from FP 2.6 for DOS to FP 2.6 for Windows

2. WTB: Foxbase+, FoxPro 1.0 for Win, FoxPro 2.0 for DOS, FoxPro 2.6 DOS/Win

3. Disabling DOS Window in MS Foxpro 2.6 for win,fido7.ru.foxpro

4. Foxpro 2.5 Dos and Foxpro 2.6 Windows

5. FoxPro 2.6 for DOS - Cursor colour is wrong in a DOS Window

6. SQL SELECT problem in Foxpro 2.6 for DOS in W2k DOS Window

7. DOS Windows in Foxpro 2.6 for Windows

8. DOS Windows in Foxpro 2.6 for Windows

9. Foxpro for DOS 2.6 under Windows

10. Foxpro 2.6 FOR DOS and Windows XP

11. Cannot run Foxpro 2.6 Dos EXE program under Windows

12. Foxpro 2.0 LAN and 2.6 for DOS - Help for Windows 3.1 PIF settings