Can we turn Foxpro programs into DLL which can be called by other non-Foxpro programs
Author Message
 Can we turn Foxpro programs into DLL which can be called by other non-Foxpro programs

Dear FoxPro Developers,
        I am in great need to know whether there is any tool, utilities
or ways that can convert any foxpro programs or foxpro functions
(written by myself) into Windows DLL which can be called by all
non-FoxPro programs (e.g. C++, VB or C).
        TIA

--
Best Wishes,

Andy Tong
.                                     .

. The Department of Computer Science  .
. The Chinese University of Hong Kong .
.                                     .

Wed, 25 Nov 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Can we turn Foxpro programs into DLL which can be called by other non-Foxpro programs

Quote:
> Dear FoxPro Developers,
>    I am in great need to know whether there is any tool, utilities
> or ways that can convert any foxpro programs or foxpro functions
> (written by myself) into Windows DLL which can be called by all
> non-FoxPro programs (e.g. C++, VB or C).
>    TIA
> --
> Best Wishes,
> Andy Tong
> .                                .

> . The Department of Computer Science  .
> . The Chinese University of Hong Kong .
> .                                .

Sorry, there is one point that I have forgotton to mention.
All the FoxPro programs or functions are written by FPW2.6

--
Best Wishes,

Andy Tong
.                                     .

. The Department of Computer Science  .
. The Chinese University of Hong Kong .
.                                     .

Wed, 25 Nov 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Can we turn Foxpro programs into DLL which can be called by other non-Foxpro programs

The next version of FoxPro, which they are going to call 5.0 will allow
for the compilation of a .dll.  Sorry, you can't do it with 2.x or 3.x!

--
* BOb Archer *********** Internet Account supported by me!
***************

* PGP    Public Key on Web Page, Finger Info, MIT Keyserver
*        Key ID = D9398D91

Wed, 25 Nov 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Can we turn Foxpro programs into DLL which can be called by other non-Foxpro programs

Quote:
>Dear FoxPro Developers,
>    I am in great need to know whether there is any tool, utilities
>or ways that can convert any foxpro programs or foxpro functions
>(written by myself) into Windows DLL which can be called by all
>non-FoxPro programs (e.g. C++, VB or C).
>    TIA

This is not possible. But what you can do is use DDE. Open a DDE
channel in your application to a FoxPro application and feed all your
commands through this channel.

Mon, 30 Nov 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. calling VB dll on foxpro program

2. Due to FoxPro 2.6 TollHelp.DLL, I am switch my OS/2

3. How do I calling a program in a non-visual class

4. SoftSentry - Visual Fox Pro - Calling DLL?

5. Calling DLL from foxpro?

6. Question re: foxpro/win calling DLL written in C

7. Foxpro calling a DLL written in C++

8. How to call a VB DLL from Visual FoxPro 6.0

9. How to call DLL - and detect if program already running

10. Revised Post: FoxPro calling a DLL written in C++

11. Calling an excel program from FoxPro

12. writing into a foxpro database from a non-foxpro ( a visual basic) environment takes long time