Standalone EXE with macros
Author Message
 Standalone EXE with macros

I am a new foxpro user and am using Foxpro 2.6 Dos Version.
I wrote a SQL statement with the 'WHERE' clause being stored
in a macro so that I may have the condition changes dynamically
by changing the content of the string stored in the macro.  It
works perfectly well in foxpro but when I try to compile the entire
program into a standalone EXE file, the program terminated with an
error message "Feature not Available" just before the execution of the
SQL statement.  Can anyone help?

Poon Kin Lin           Hong Kong University Of Science and Technology

Mon, 31 Mar 1997 11:04:43 GMT
 Standalone EXE with macros

: I am a new foxpro user and am using Foxpro 2.6 Dos Version.
: I wrote a SQL statement with the 'WHERE' clause being stored
: in a macro so that I may have the condition changes dynamically
: by changing the content of the string stored in the macro.  It
: works perfectly well in foxpro but when I try to compile the entire
: program into a standalone EXE file, the program terminated with an
: error message "Feature not Available" just before the execution of the
: SQL statement.  Can anyone help?

There used to be a bug in FPD 2.0 & FP 2.5 DK, unless you had an explicit
sql statement then the sql engine would not be added to your .exe.  Try
adding a dummy sql statement like the following to your project and this
should solve your problem.
SELECT *;
        FROM system;
INTO CURSOR holdsql

You can (of course) change the name of the database into one that is
associated with your project.

Hope this solves your problem.
--
Tony E Robinson                 : "The gift is the blessing of the giver"
Novell CNE / ECNE               :          Dune by Frank Herbert

Fri, 04 Apr 1997 21:15:23 GMT

1. Standalone EXE or EXE from FOXPRO command box?

2. Problem with Standalone EXE

3. Problem with Standalone EXE

4. Standalone .EXE

5. FoxPro For Windows (Standalone EXE)

6. Problem with standalone .EXE

7. Convert your FPW2.6 *.EXE to STANDALONE: 3 steps in 1 minute

8. STANDALONE EXE

9. Standalone EXE works on 98, but not Win2kServer?

10. FPW26 .exe Standalone

11. How to build standalone .exe?

12. How to build standalone EXE