? Set Device To Print
Author Message
 ? Set Device To Print

Help !

I am converting some DBASE programs which use the Command

The FOXPRO manual says it should work in FPW 2.6,

BUT IT DOESN'T !!

Any one know why, I am tearing my hair out !!

Thanks in advance

Regards

David J

Thu, 13 Mar 1997 04:20:44 GMT
 ? Set Device To Print

Quote:

>Help !

>I am converting some DBASE programs which use the Command

>The FOXPRO manual says it should work in FPW 2.6,

>BUT IT DOESN'T !!

>Any one know why, I am tearing my hair out !!

>Thanks in advance

>Regards

>David J

David,

I know this is an obvious question.... but does the printer operate
at all in windows....  I recently had a client who had not installed
a printer in windows yet...

Other than that I can't imagine why it won't work... Anyone else
with ideas???

Brian Cleverly
Anzam Software
Sacramento  CA

Fri, 14 Mar 1997 14:35:52 GMT
 ? Set Device To Print

Quote:

>The FOXPRO manual says it should work in FPW 2.6, BUT IT DOESN'T !!

Isn't it:
SET DEVICE TO PRINTER

Fri, 14 Mar 1997 18:23:41 GMT
 ? Set Device To Print

Quote:

>>The FOXPRO manual says it should work in FPW 2.6, BUT IT DOESN'T !!
>Isn't it:
>SET DEVICE TO PRINTER

FoxPro only looks at the first 4 characters of keywords anyway, so
it could be: set devi to prin

Daiv Stoner             | A man with one watch knows what time it is.

Sat, 15 Mar 1997 01:40:03 GMT
 ? Set Device To Print

Quote:
> Help !

> I am converting some DBASE programs which use the Command

> The FOXPRO manual says it should work in FPW 2.6,

> BUT IT DOESN'T !!

> Any one know why, I am tearing my hair out !!

It DOES work, but for some unknown reason, the file is open on the the
printer and not closed. The ONLY way to close it (for what I know now) is
to QUIT FoxPro. Your text should then be printed.

--
Jean-Yves Hemlin
Bell Sygma Solutions Tlcom - Services Conseils en Informatique

"DOS is proof that PC users can take a joke"

Mon, 17 Mar 1997 21:52:02 GMT
 ? Set Device To Print

: > Help !
: > I am converting some DBASE programs which use the Command

: > The FOXPRO manual says it should work in FPW 2.6,
: > BUT IT DOESN'T !!
: > Any one know why, I am tearing my hair out !!

: It DOES work, but for some unknown reason, the file is open on the the
: printer and not closed. The ONLY way to close it (for what I know now) is
: to QUIT FoxPro. Your text should then be printed.

Just a thought: Do you have Print Manager enabled?  It could be holding
the output waiting for the end of the 'job'.

: --
: Jean-Yves Hemlin
: Bell Sygma Solutions Tlcom - Services Conseils en Informatique
: (613) 781-2988

: "DOS is proof that PC users can take a joke"

--

Student Residential Programs   Western Illinois University

Tue, 18 Mar 1997 10:00:57 GMT
 ? Set Device To Print

: It DOES work, but for some unknown reason, the file is open on the the
: printer and not closed. The ONLY way to close it (for what I know now) is
: to QUIT FoxPro. Your text should then be printed.

try:

SET PRINTER TO

to close the printer file.

Wed, 19 Mar 1997 06:55:08 GMT
 ? Set Device To Print

Quote:

> : > Help !
> : > I am converting some DBASE programs which use the Command

> : > The FOXPRO manual says it should work in FPW 2.6,
> : > BUT IT DOESN'T !!
> : > Any one know why, I am tearing my hair out !!

> : It DOES work, but for some unknown reason, the file is open on the the
> : printer and not closed. The ONLY way to close it (for what I know now)
is
> : to QUIT FoxPro. Your text should then be printed.

> Just a thought: Do you have Print Manager enabled?  It could be holding
> the output waiting for the end of the 'job'.

> : --
> : Jean-Yves Hemlin
> : Bell Sygma Solutions Tlcom - Services Conseils en Informatique
> : (613) 781-2988

> : "DOS is proof that PC users can take a joke"

Try this:
        SET PRINTER ON
        SET DEVICE TO PRINT

        SET DEVICE TO SCREEN
        SET PRINTER TO

You need the SET PRINTER TO command to close the print file.  I did this
from memory so I hope it's right!

--
RLM

Wed, 19 Mar 1997 05:43:03 GMT
 ? Set Device To Print

Quote:

>>The FOXPRO manual says it should work in FPW 2.6, BUT IT DOESN'T !!

>Isn't it:
>SET DEVICE TO PRINTER

you really only need the first four chars...

to PRINT;  to PRIN;  to PRINTER are all the same

Brian Cleverly
Anzam Software
Sacramento  cA

Sat, 15 Mar 1997 16:00:40 GMT

1. Printing using set device to and set printer on

2. FPW2.6 printing to network printer w/SET DEVICE TO PRINTER

3. Setting a print device

4. ? Set Device To Print -Reply

5. ? Set Device To Print -Reply

6. SET DEVICE TO PRINT ignored on NT 4.0

7. SET DEVICE TO PRINT problem

8. Printing with set device to

9. Multiple SET DEVICE TO FILE commands

10. set device to printer prompt ?