Problem distributing app
Author Message
 Problem distributing app

Hi,
I am having problems installing a distributed version (EXE)of my app.
When I include the VFP runtime files in the setup wizard I get an error
during installation that my setup file(s) is damaged or corrupt. When I
exclude the VFP runtime library in the setup wizard the installation
completes succesfully but when I try to run the application I get an
error message that says the VFP library is not found.

When I put the files vfp500.dll and vfp5enu.dll in the application
folder or the windows\system folder I get the message that the
VFP500.dll is damaged or corrupted. I tried re-installing VFP but it
didn't help.

I am using VFP ver 5 in Windows 95. Any ideas?

TIA
James

Sun, 27 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Problem distributing app

I'm not positive, but I was having a similar problem after I ran SP3 update.
It updated my vfp files, but somehow my vfp5\distrib directory did not get
updated.  I ended up deleting the distrib dir and copying it from another
PC.  I wonder if it would update your distrib dir better if you delete it
before reinstalling vfp.

Quote:

>Hi,
>I am having problems installing a distributed version (EXE)of my app.
>When I include the VFP runtime files in the setup wizard I get an error
>during installation that my setup file(s) is damaged or corrupt. When I
>exclude the VFP runtime library in the setup wizard the installation
>completes succesfully but when I try to run the application I get an
>error message that says the VFP library is not found.

>When I put the files vfp500.dll and vfp5enu.dll in the application
>folder or the windows\system folder I get the message that the
>VFP500.dll is damaged or corrupted. I tried re-installing VFP but it
>didn't help.

>I am using VFP ver 5 in Windows 95. Any ideas?

>TIA
>James

Sun, 27 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Problem distributing app

When you delete the distrib directory, VFP will re-create it when you run
the setup wizard.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Quote:
> I'm not positive, but I was having a similar problem after I ran SP3
update.
> It updated my vfp files, but somehow my vfp5\distrib directory did not
get
> updated.  I ended up deleting the distrib dir and copying it from another
> PC.  I wonder if it would update your distrib dir better if you delete it
> before reinstalling vfp.

> >Hi,
> >I am having problems installing a distributed version (EXE)of my app.
> >When I include the VFP runtime files in the setup wizard I get an error
> >during installation that my setup file(s) is damaged or corrupt. When I
> >exclude the VFP runtime library in the setup wizard the installation
> >completes succesfully but when I try to run the application I get an
> >error message that says the VFP library is not found.

> >When I put the files vfp500.dll and vfp5enu.dll in the application
> >folder or the windows\system folder I get the message that the
> >VFP500.dll is damaged or corrupted. I tried re-installing VFP but it
> >didn't help.

> >I am using VFP ver 5 in Windows 95. Any ideas?

> >TIA
> >James

Mon, 28 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Distributing an App.

2. Distributed Foxbase app...How to?

3. Sysmenu features in distributed apps

4. Distribute vfp apps

5. Distribute vfp apps

6. Cannot hide Toolbar in distributed app under Win 98

7. distributed app causes page fault

8. Distributed Apps

9. OK to distribute wzreport.app, but...

10. Distributing changes to apps that alive?

11. VFP 5 (Windows) app distribute to Mac?

12. APPTRIAL.VCX Distribute your APP with time limit.