SneakPeek summary for comp.databases.xbase.fox for 8/14/1998
Author Message
 SneakPeek summary for comp.databases.xbase.fox for 8/14/1998

This message summarizes the most popular threads in this newsgroup.

SUBJECT: dBase to FoxPro table conversion question

*** Jon Neal:
We are moving an existing application (which uses dBase III tables) to use
FoxPro tables. Is there any utility that we can use on existing client sites
that will (painlessly) convert existing dBase tables to FoxPro format? This

*** Chuck Tripi:
FoxPro 2.6 does work with *.dbf files. VFP 5.0 does, but I an newbie in VFP.

*** Jon Neal:
I should probably elaborate more.

Our client (a DOS/Clipper based software development company) recently
switched their DOS-based product to use .CDX index files, but kept their

SUBJECT: Object referencing question

*** Bill Urmson:
How do you reference an object dynamically?
ie: How to I get the pointer to it's memory address and what class types

are available in VFP to store lists of pointers?

*** Beanie Lover:
If you have the original object reference you obviously can use that.  Thus
you can maintain an array of objects, and access the array at anytime.

    DIME myObjs[3]

*** Hyperion Systems:
Pointers?  What are pointers?  :-)

- John

SUBJECT: Re: Reasons not to use VFP 6.0?

*** Russ Simmons:
Our development team is working on an extremely large scale product and we
have gone to 6.0.  Haven't found anyhting to be afraid of...better than 5.0
hands down.

*** Mohinder P. Lamba:
How is 6.0 better than 5.0 ?  New features, Bug fixes Etc.  I do not own 6.0
yet but a peek at the new features enhancements etc would be nice :-)
Mohinder

*** Craig Berntson:
6.0 has LOTS of bug fixes and LOTS of new features to make devleopment
easier. It works better with other Visual Studio tools, the web, and has MTS
support. It is the most stable VFP x.0 release yet.

SUBJECT: Re: VFP Grids

*** Ed Ellks:
Valid, then LostFocus.  That is, if this is a field that Enter causes the
cursor to go to the next field.

*** lemmebe:
Put this into the grid's BeforeRowColChange event. (VFP5)

If LastKey() = 13
        NODEFAULT

*** John Thornton:
Thanks, that worked except the NODEFAULT, DODEFAULT part. No problem so far
there.

Now, If I may ask one more today... How can I move to the next tab object

SUBJECT: Re: VFP and pemstatus

*** Gene Wirchenko:
     If this is actually the source line, it will do nothing of use.
John, are you sure this is the whole line?  All it is an expression.

Gene Wirchenko

*** John Thornton:
perhaps PEMSTATUS() is not in the first version of 3.0 which I have... The
logic is not bad but my version of VFP doesn't know what PEMSTATUS() is...

*** Alexandre Pechtchanski:
My does: MS Visual FoxPro for Windows version 3.0b;
version date December 15, 1995

And here's the complete quote (Sorry, everyone; I would send it via e-mail, but

Talkway, Inc.
http://www.*-*-*.com/

Tue, 30 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Sneakpeek explanation and summary for comp.databases.xbase.fox

2. URL's seen in comp.databases.xbase.fox

3. comp.databases.xbase.fox

4. I lost my account (comp.databases.xbase.fox FAQ's)

5. comp.databases.xbase.fox archivist WANTED

6. Alltrim() don't work (from comp.databases.xbase.fox)

7. Links Related To comp.databases.xbase.fox - FREE ACCESS 0228

8. Links Related To comp.databases.xbase.fox - FREE ACCESS 0226

9. Links Related To comp.databases.xbase.fox - FREE ACCESS

10. Links Related To comp.databases.xbase.fox - FREE ACCESS 0219

11. Links Related To comp.databases.xbase.fox - FREE ACCESS