Pause on vfp's combo box under Win XP
Author Message
 Pause on vfp's combo box under Win XP

Hi all,

I've just upgraded my system to Windows XP Professional and I found strange
behavior on the vfp's combo box. When I click on the down arrow  on the
combo (or press F4) and then press the first character of the combo element,
my system would kinda halt. The system would continue on halt until I switch
to another program (with alt-tab or click on the task bar) and then switch
back to vfp. Please note that this strange behavior happen *in* VFP's IDE
environment (for instances on Type combo box in Table Designer). The problem
doesn't arise if I use the mouse pointer instead. (VFP 7.0 SP1 built 9465).

Anybody got this strange behavior also? I found this very-very annoying...
If it's not because of the xp's irresistible-nice-new-look, I would've go
back to Win98!

TIA
Willianto

Sat, 28 Aug 2004 03:41:50 GMT
 Pause on vfp's combo box under Win XP
Willanto,
I'm not seeing this behavior ("same" setup). What value do you have in
_incseek? i.e.
? _incseek
or
DISP MEMO

Mine's 0.69 - if it's bigger, then it will be waiting that long for a 2nd,
third, etc letter. Note: In previous versions the _dblclick value did
"double" duty, but VFP 7.0 we have this new value to control the listbox /
combobox incremental search keystroke "timeout".

Rick

Quote:
> Hi all,

> I've just upgraded my system to Windows XP Professional and I found
strange
> behavior on the vfp's combo box. When I click on the down arrow  on the
> combo (or press F4) and then press the first character of the combo
element,
> my system would kinda halt. The system would continue on halt until I
switch
> to another program (with alt-tab or click on the task bar) and then switch
> back to vfp. Please note that this strange behavior happen *in* VFP's IDE
> environment (for instances on Type combo box in Table Designer). The
problem
> doesn't arise if I use the mouse pointer instead. (VFP 7.0 SP1 built
9465).

> Anybody got this strange behavior also? I found this very-very annoying...
> If it's not because of the xp's irresistible-nice-new-look, I would've go
> back to Win98!

> TIA
> Willianto

Sat, 28 Aug 2004 09:29:16 GMT
 Pause on vfp's combo box under Win XP
Hi Rick,

Quote:
> ? _incseek

Mine is 0.50. I still has this problem Rick. It's so strange. It seems like
the list box in the combo box is modal. I mean, whenever i press F4 in the
combo, the mouse pointer change to a timesand pointer, and i must click on
any of the list appear (or switch to other application) in order to
'dismiss' the list box (and give the control back to vfp).

Strange....

Sat, 28 Aug 2004 14:48:14 GMT

1. VFP 7: Grid Combo Box won't keep selected item

2. VFP 5.0 - Combo box won't sort!

3. combo box won't display all items

4. List boxes in VFP 6.0 - selected property won't set in form's init

5. Beginner's vfp 5.0 combo box question

6. Repost 'Combo box mystery'

7. List Box that behaves like a Combo Box in VFP 5.0

8. Win 3.x won't quit after VFP app runs from batch file

9. Combo box - where's the value?

10. VFP3:Combo Boxes - Can't Add a Value

11. Combo Box doesn't work

12. What's wrong with combo box in VFP6