NEWS! FPW Divide By Zero Patch - Please Read
Author Message
 NEWS! FPW Divide By Zero Patch - Please Read

Dear Folks,

the Divide By Zero problem in FoxPro 2.x.

Using the official Microsoft patch has a number of benefits: the main
one is that it is guaranteed to comply with your FoxPro License
Agreement. If you are a developer then you will also recognize that a
Microsoft patch has much more credibility with your customers than
something published on the Internet by any single individual.

Now that there is an official, sanctioned fix for the problem, I would
like to retire DZPatch for good. I've received a tremendous amount of
grateful email from hundreds of people who have used the program, but
I can no longer provide the free support or spend much time answering
all that mail: I have a consulting business to run, and unfortunately
my fif{*filter*} minutes of fame has worn out its welcome.

Therefore, I'd like to ask you to please delete any copies of
dzpatch.exe, dzpatch.prg or dzpatch.zip that you may have on your
computer, or posted on any Internet or intranet sites. If you wish,
you can replace them with links to the official Microsoft fix:

http://www.*-*-*.com/

Thanks!

(While I have your attention, I'd like to express my thanks to Paul
Lee at Abri Technologies for hosting the patch on his company's web
page. I have no doubt that www.abri.com will continue to be a great
resource for FoxPro users and developers everywhere.)

Best wishes as you convert your applications to Visual FoxPro!

Cheers,

Andrew Forber

------------
Please remove both s's from my email address to respond directly.

Fri, 12 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 NEWS! FPW Divide By Zero Patch - Please Read
Andrew Forber FoxSpoke thusly:

Quote:

> own patch to fix the Divide By Zero problem in FoxPro 2.x.

Andrew,

This must be a bitter-sweet occasion for you.

I, for one, will never forget the invaluable service you have provided to
the FoxPro community by developing your original patch. There is no doubt in
my mind that it was your initiative that prompted Microsoft to finally take
action.

But I'm afraid that I'm going to disregard your request to delete my
personal copies of your original patch. <g>

You never know when I may need to patch a file on a Win 3.x system, which
MS's 32-bit patch can't do.

Once again Andrew -- THANK YOU for your outstanding contributions to the
FoxPro community.

Ralph Morse
============================

(remove the "nospam.")
http://members.aol.com/RMorse0620
eBay ID: mountain.dew.king
============================

Sun, 14 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. NEWS! FPW Divide By Zero Patch - Please Read

2. FPW Divide By Zero Patch - licensing dilemma?

3. Divide by Zero Patch FPW2.5

4. Divide by zero patch for Foxpro 2.6

5. LCK divide by zero problem HELP!!!

6. Divide by zero problem when porting FoxPro 2.6 (Win) to Visual FoxPro

7. Divide by zero or overflow error

8. error "overflow or divide by zero"

9. Divide by Zero or Overflow Error

10. Divide by Zero - even with SlowStart

11. FPW26: possible fix to DIVIDE BY ZERO

12. Divide by zero error