A simple solution found!
Author Message
 A simple solution found!

I found a simple solution by Pablo Roca at
http://www.*-*-*.com/

He says one should set the data environment's AutoOpenTables to .F.
and then in the form's load method (or in the form's class) say
something like:

thisform.SetAll("Database",oapp.cdatfolpat + oapp.cdatnam,"Cursor")
thisform.dataenvironment.opentables()

where oapp.cdatfolpat is the path to the folder with the database
(ending in "\") and oapp.cdatnam is the name of the database.

Examples:
oapp.cdatfolpat = 'C:\sportsday\2002\'
oapp.cdatnam = 'it.dbc'

This works for tables in databases, but Pablo says the code has to be
modified for free tables.

Sincerely,

Jan Nordgreen

Tue, 30 Aug 2005 09:51:39 GMT
 A simple solution found!
Hello Jan:
Sorry did not see your response to my response to you earlier
I am sorry, but instead of thisform.dataenvironment etc, Replace it with
THIS.
If you are using a form subclass then put the code I had posted earlier in
the forms load event, now you can use THISFORM.DATAENVIRONMENT
Good Luck
Mohammed
www.imaginecorp.com/whatwedo.htm

.

Quote:
> I found a simple solution by Pablo Roca at

http://www.portalfox.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=articl...
7.

Quote:

> He says one should set the data environment's AutoOpenTables to .F.
> and then in the form's load method (or in the form's class) say
> something like:

> thisform.SetAll("Database",oapp.cdatfolpat + oapp.cdatnam,"Cursor")
> thisform.dataenvironment.opentables()

> where oapp.cdatfolpat is the path to the folder with the database
> (ending in "\") and oapp.cdatnam is the name of the database.

> Examples:
> oapp.cdatfolpat = 'C:\sportsday\2002\'
> oapp.cdatnam = 'it.dbc'

> This works for tables in databases, but Pablo says the code has to be
> modified for free tables.

> Sincerely,

> Jan Nordgreen

---

Tue, 30 Aug 2005 11:15:41 GMT

1. ORACLE and VFP (Simple Problem Now / No Solution Yet)

2. Where can I find a simple inventory program?

3. Simple Validation Process not so simple

4. simple question needs a simple answer

5. Simple labels problem...Simple answer??

6. Edit (Find/Find Again)

7. Do while found--- what if not found?

8. Using Find and Find Again

9. FOUND VFP5.0 GRID BUG - Column not found error

10. Looking for solution !

11. Please advice about VFP sample (SOLUTION.APP)

12. Solution for NESTED TOO DEEP