Not a table/DBF file
Author Message
 Not a table/DBF file

All postings concerning this problem referred to power failures.  I get
this problem and I do not have power failures. Can there be other reasons?
I am not in a network environment. But I have noticed that this problem
seems to occur when someone do an ALT-TAB in windows and restart a second
copy of the application.  If this is the cause, why is this computer
allowing  more than one copy of this application and an other computer
returns a message File access denied if you try to run a secon copy of the
same application?

Help and thanks
--
Dominique Martel
Orleans, Ontario, Canada

Tue, 02 Dec 1997 03:00:00 GMT
 Not a table/DBF file

Quote:

>If this is the cause, why is this computer
>>allowing  more than one copy of this application and an other computer
>>returns a message File access denied if you try to run a secon copy of the
>>same application?

>Probably you opened your dbf files as exclusive. That means that nobody else can
>open them. Try the command SET EXCLUSIVE OFF in your config.fp, that will solve your
>problem of open files.

Or you exceeded files limit set in \CONFIG.SYS.
Or you are out of memory.

Quote:
>--
>Maarten van den Dungen
>The Netherlands

Leonid A. Umantsev
Northwestern University, Evanston, IL.   USA

Wed, 03 Dec 1997 03:00:00 GMT
 Not a table/DBF file
If this is the cause, why is this computer

Quote:
>allowing  more than one copy of this application and an other computer
>returns a message File access denied if you try to run a secon copy of the
>same application?

Probably you opened your dbf files as exclusive. That means that nobody else can
open them. Try the command SET EXCLUSIVE OFF in your config.fp, that will solve your
problem of open files.

--
Maarten van den Dungen
The Netherlands

Wed, 03 Dec 1997 03:00:00 GMT
 Not a table/DBF file

Quote:
>>If this is the cause, why is this computer
>>>allowing  more than one copy of this application and an other
computer
>>>returns a message File access denied if you try to run a secon copy
of the
>>>same application?

>>Probably you opened your dbf files as exclusive. That means that
nobody else can
>>open them. Try the command SET EXCLUSIVE OFF in your config.fp, that
will solve your
>>problem of open files.

>Or you exceeded files limit set in \CONFIG.SYS.
>Or you are out of memory.

>>--
>>Maarten van den Dungen

You might try making your app.exe read only.  I found that with some
NETs (Lantastic), this is required.

Karl S.

Thu, 04 Dec 1997 03:00:00 GMT

1. Error message - Not a table/DBF file

2. Need help w/ Not a Table/DBF errors

3. Not a table/DBF message

4. Not a table/dbf

5. Not a Table/DBF - FPD 2.6

6. error 15 not a table/dbf

7. Not a Fox table/DBF

8. Not a table/DBF error over NT network

9. Error: Not a table/DBF

10. Not a Table/DBF errors

11. FPW26 error "Not a table/.DBF"

12. "Not a table/dbf"