editbox and readonly
Author Message
 editbox and readonly

Hello,

When an editbox is enabled=T and readonly=T, it is
possible to position the pointer
in the writing area however it is impossible to modify
anything).
This is very unfriendly for the customer.
Ideally it would be better to have the editbox in the
state enable=F
(it is impossible to position the pointer in the writing
area) but we would like
to have to have an access to the lift on the left hand
side.
As well when it is the first object on the screen, the
focus is on the area which is in readonly,
it would be better to position it automatically on the
following one, but we still need an access to lifts.

Does anybody know the answers to my problem? Many thanks
in advance for coming back to me.

Sun, 28 Aug 2005 16:29:05 GMT
 editbox and readonly
Fred,

I'm not sure what you mean by lift in your post. Can you try to explain that
better?

If you have a readonly control it is very user friendly to allow the
mouse/keyboard to highlight text to copy to the clipboad.  If the control
Enabled is set to .f. then the user can't interact with it at all.

You can at runtime iterate through your controls using the Controls[]
collection to find the smallest TabOrder control that is not ReadOnly and
SetFocus() to that control.

--
df - Microsoft MVP FoxPro http://www.geocities.com/df_foxpro

Quote:
> Hello,

> When an editbox is enabled=T and readonly=T, it is
> possible to position the pointer
> in the “writing area” however it is impossible to modify
> anything).
> This is very unfriendly for the customer.
> Ideally it would be better to have the editbox in the
> state “enable=F
> (it is impossible to position the pointer in the “writing
> area”) but we would like
> to have to have an access to the “lift” on the left hand
> side.
> As well when it is the first object on the screen, the
> focus is on the area which is in readonly,
> it would be better to position it automatically on the
> following one, but we still need an access to “lifts”.

> Does anybody know the answers to my problem? Many thanks
> in advance for coming back to me.

Mon, 29 Aug 2005 09:52:56 GMT

1. My readonly grid is not readonly!

2. Table opened shared - readonly in .exe readable in fox environment

3. Readonly control in grid

4. Problem with ReadOnly-Mode

5. READONLY (Fox 2.6)

6. Why would Microsoft say use Readonly??

7. Getting Tables as ReadOnly after building .EXE application for Visual FoxPro 5.0

8. Cant get GOTFOCUS to make fields disabled/readonly

9. Make Form readonly until editing

10. VFP6 Grid object and readonly property

11. ReadOnly or Disable?

12. ReadOnly property of a grid