Foxpro 2.6 DOS (Font Sizes)
Author Message
 Foxpro 2.6 DOS (Font Sizes)

Can someone please tell me if it is possible to increase the size of the
standard
font in FPD 2.6. I want to display big numbers and letters on the screen for a
Point Of Sale Application.  I would appreciate some information on this
subject.

Thanks.
PB

Thu, 15 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Foxpro 2.6 DOS (Font Sizes)
You're limited to what you get.

--

Craig Berntson
http://www.xmission.com/~craigb

Quote:

>Can someone please tell me if it is possible to increase the size of the
>standard
>font in FPD 2.6. I want to display big numbers and letters on the screen
for a
>Point Of Sale Application.  I would appreciate some information on this
>subject.

>Thanks.
>PB

Thu, 15 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Foxpro 2.6 DOS (Font Sizes)

Quote:

> Can someone please tell me if it is possible to increase the size of the
> standard
> font in FPD 2.6. I want to display big numbers and letters on the screen for a
> Point Of Sale Application.  I would appreciate some information on this
> subject.

> Thanks.
> PB

NO. DOS does not have variable fonts. You would have to use FPW or VFP
for that purpose.

Thu, 15 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Foxpro 2.6 DOS (Font Sizes)

Quote:

> font in FPD 2.6. I want to display big numbers and letters on the screen for a
> Point Of Sale Application.  I would appreciate some information on this
> subject.

Don't know about any possibility in DOS to change character size. Only possible
way is to change characters in computers character generator but this not normal
way to do it :).

Meanwhile I have big experience with own POS application for about 8 years and in
my opinion there are already screen size under DOS is very small and wasting it in
showing some BIG numbers is bad idea. Really.

    T?nu

Fri, 16 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Foxpro 2.6 DOS (Font Sizes)

try this in your prog:

run "MODE CO40"

which sets the display to 40 columns. If you find out anything better: let
me know !

Regards

Gerold

Fri, 16 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Foxpro 2.6 DOS (Font Sizes)
Look at ascii-table characters 219,220 and 223 -
form digit 4x3, 4x4 or size you need - then just make
func'n with paramater like x-pos,y-pos,digit
You could also put number (like string) in parametar
and parse to digits in function.
If you don't know how to do - send me mail...

Boban

Fri, 16 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Foxpro 2.6 DOS (Font Sizes)
Nice 2 see U here;)
Quote:

>Look at ascii-table characters 219,220 and 223 -
>form digit 4x3, 4x4 or size you need - then just make
>func'n with paramater like x-pos,y-pos,digit
>You could also put number (like string) in parametar
>and parse to digits in function.
>If you don't know how to do - send me mail...

>Boban

Fri, 16 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Foxpro 2.6 DOS (Font Sizes)
You can change in graphic mode your monitor.
I do this and works.

Quote:

> Can someone please tell me if it is possible to increase the size of the
> standard

Sun, 18 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Foxpro 2.6 DOS (Font Sizes)

Quote:

> Can someone please tell me if it is possible to increase the size of the
> standard
> font in FPD 2.6. I want to display big numbers and letters on the screen
for a
> Point Of Sale Application.  I would appreciate some information on this
> subject.

> Thanks.
> PB

Sun, 18 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Foxpro 2.6 DOS (Font Sizes)

Hallogram offered something for FoxPro DOS printing. I think the program mght
still be available

Tue, 27 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Printing different font sizes with Foxpro 2.6

2. WTB: Foxbase+, FoxPro 1.0 for Win, FoxPro 2.0 for DOS, FoxPro 2.6 DOS/Win

3. Multiple font size for FOXPRO25 for DOS report generator

4. Select font size in 2.6 before create screen

5. Transporting from FoxPro 2.6/DOS to FoxPro 2.6/WINDOWS

6. Change default Font and Font Size

7. Change printed font, and font size

8. FoxPro 2.6 for DOS - Cursor colour is wrong in a DOS Window

9. SQL SELECT problem in Foxpro 2.6 for DOS in W2k DOS Window

10. Visual FoxPro 5.0 Enlarging max. font size

11. FoxPro 5.0 Font-Size in Menu

12. Add DOS PC8 font to Win95 Fonts