VFP and Java
Author Message
 VFP and Java

Does anyone know of a way to wrap a java object so that it can but used
within VFP. I feel sure there must be some way to get a java objects to look
like a com object within fox..

Any help would be appreciated..

Wed, 05 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 VFP and Java

Quote:

>Does anyone know of a way to wrap a java object so that it can but used
>within VFP. I feel sure there must be some way to get a java objects to look
>like a com object within fox..

Java can be natively compiled and there is an interface, called JINI,
which allows Java to communicate (not necessarily well) with native
platfrom programs, e.g., C++ and DLLs.

Thus you might be able to do so via a COM object. Unfortunately I've
never done any of that so can't help you.

You might try posting to comp.lang.java.programmer. It's not worth
mentioning VFP there so refer to COM or DLL :-)

hth

anthony shipley

<math> 2 + 2 = 5 for sufficiently large values of 2</math>

Thu, 06 Mar 2003 11:03:37 GMT
 VFP and Java

Quote:

>Does anyone know of a way to wrap a java object so that it can but used
>within VFP. I feel sure there must be some way to get a java objects to look
>like a com object within fox..

Just spotted this; it might help:

"If you are to relax that condition its fairly simple using a tool from
Microsoft called JActivex. This tool provides a simple mechanism for
generating classes that Java developers can quickly and easily integrate
with their project to leverage existing COM facilities.

It comes as a part of MS SDK for Java."

anthony shipley

<math> 2 + 2 = 5 for sufficiently large values of 2</math>

Thu, 06 Mar 2003 11:41:25 GMT
 VFP and Java

Visual J++ has a wizard that will generate the Java code required to expose
Java classes as COM components, and to expose COM components to Java apps. I
showed it in my session at TechEd 97.

J++ never achieved popularity because it relies heavily on the MS extensions
to the Java API, but it sounds like a good fit since you're calling from the
COM side -- you know you'll always be running the MS Java runtime.

Dan

Quote:
> Does anyone know of a way to wrap a java object so that it can but used
> within VFP. I feel sure there must be some way to get a java objects to
look
> like a com object within fox..

> Any help would be appreciated..

Thu, 06 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 VFP and Java

Hi,

I never did something like this, but it might help you:

Put on a form a Web Browser control.
Create a HTMP pake on the fly, setting it up top run your applet and pass it
all necesarry parameters, and then "Navigate" your form to that html page.

You can make it temporary, and delete it after the applet was finished.

Hope this helps,

Regards,
Bogdan

Quote:
> Does anyone know of a way to wrap a java object so that it can but used
> within VFP. I feel sure there must be some way to get a java objects to
look
> like a com object within fox..

> Any help would be appreciated..

Fri, 07 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. VFP vs JAVA

2. VFP 5.0 vs Java

3. VFP 5.0 vs Java

4. is there a java connection from vfp?

5. Looking for JDBC type 4 VFP(3.0 and/or 5.0) thin java driver

6. VFP: Anyone using JAVA?

7. JAVA and VFP ???

8. Looking for JDBC type 4 VFP(3.0 and/or 5.0) thin 100% java driver

9. Using FoxPro as a database server for a Java application

10. java

11. Accessing FoxPro 2.6 database from JAVA

12. connecting to foxbase using java and the jdbc