VFP fatal error
Author Message
 VFP fatal error

VFP 6.0.
Problem is quite strange. In running application messagebox with "Microsoft
Visual FoxPro" title appears. I have got own "on error" error servicing
procedure in that application, which shows different window when any normal
error appears. That's why I'm so astonished - so far (in VFP
5.0) only two error levels existed: catched by "on error" and critical,
signalised by operating system with text like "program made illegal
operation ... close". Now it seems that we have got the third, intermediate
level: in message box VFP diplays text with error description as follows:
Fatal error: Exception code=C0000005
Called from - !name of prg! Line 0 {innt\system32\vfp6r.dll}
.
.
(several times the same, only prg name changes)
OK button at the messagebox bottom.

Please help and send some suggestions how to get rid of that!

Artur Kowalski

Tue, 01 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 VFP fatal error
Arthur,

Use the de{*filter*} to step through the code line-by-line in the prg where the
problem occurs. VFP is not 100% capable of catching and reporting details
about the errors it traps with "On error". In these situations, you have to
isolate the code that is responsible for the error and change it. This can
certainly be difficult since it may have nothing to do with the code itself.
For example, I got the same error. VFP6sp3 told me the prg that was at
fault. The real problem was that I had entered a default value for a field
in the database. The default value was a number; the field was of character
type. VFP let me do it. But then it gave me this cryptic message when the
prg appended a record to the table that contained the field for which I had
entered type-mismatched default value.

My point is, in these cases, try to isolate the line of code that generates
the error. Suspend the program. Do a "Display Status" to see what's going on
in the data environment, and ask yourself what was affected by the last line
of code.

HTH
--
Brett Slattery

Quote:
> VFP 6.0.
> Problem is quite strange. In running application messagebox with
"Microsoft
> Visual FoxPro" title appears. I have got own "on error" error servicing
> procedure in that application, which shows different window when any
normal
> error appears. That's why I'm so astonished - so far (in VFP
> 5.0) only two error levels existed: catched by "on error" and critical,
> signalised by operating system with text like "program made illegal
> operation ... close". Now it seems that we have got the third,
intermediate
> level: in message box VFP diplays text with error description as follows:
> Fatal error: Exception code=C0000005
> Called from - !name of prg! Line 0 {innt\system32\vfp6r.dll}
> .
> .
> (several times the same, only prg name changes)
> OK button at the messagebox bottom.

> Please help and send some suggestions how to get rid of that!

> Artur Kowalski

Tue, 01 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. VFP3 Fatal error 462 while attempting to report Fatal error 462

2. English VFP 6.0 program runing under Japanese NT : Fatal Error

3. VFP 5 Fatal error c0000005

4. Help With Fatal Error In VFP 3.0

5. Fatal error in VFP 6.0 Application

6. VFP reports - Fatal Error 462

7. English VFP 6.0 program runing under Japanese NT : Fatal Error

8. VFP and Fatal Error 6

9. Error: A fatal exception ... (VFP 6.0)

10. VFP 6 SP1 Fatal Error C0000005

11. Fatal Error: Exception Code: C0000005 (VFP 6.0)

12. Fatal Error with VFP 5.0a and NT 4.0