Data Environment/Data Session
Author Message
 Data Environment/Data Session

Hallo Everybody,

I'm new to this group. I need answer for my question.
I use my own Form for all of application. I put this form and a class
library, and this form's data session is set to Private.
Besides this default form, inside the same class library i also create a
Search form ( that didn't base on my default form ) that contains a grid
that i will use to list the data from look up table. And same as the default
form, i set the data session to Private.

Based on this form objects, i create a form with a button that can call the
Search form ( from the class library ). What happened was, everytime i
called the searh form, the the grid contained nothing in it. I thought that
it got to do with the data session, so i set the data session of the Search
Form to default. But still nothing in the grid.
For the default form, i cannot set the data session to default because i
have more than one forms using the same table, and when i run those forms in
the same time and destroy one if it, other form cannot access the table.

Can somebody help me with my problem ? I'm stuck..... Any help would be
appreciated.... Thx

Djodi

Fri, 28 Feb 2003 13:06:56 GMT
 Data Environment/Data Session

Where is the lookup table that the search form uses? Is it part of the
calling form's datasession? If so, keep the search form datasession default;
if not, set it to private.

Is the grid.RecordSource property empty?
If not, is the RecordSource cursor empty?

Quote:
> Hallo Everybody,

> I'm new to this group. I need answer for my question.
> I use my own Form for all of application. I put this form and a class
> library, and this form's data session is set to Private.
> Besides this default form, inside the same class library i also create a
> Search form ( that didn't base on my default form ) that contains a grid
> that i will use to list the data from look up table. And same as the
default
> form, i set the data session to Private.

> Based on this form objects, i create a form with a button that can call
the
> Search form ( from the class library ). What happened was, everytime i
> called the searh form, the the grid contained nothing in it. I thought
that
> it got to do with the data session, so i set the data session of the
> Form to default. But still nothing in the grid.
> For the default form, i cannot set the data session to default because i
> have more than one forms using the same table, and when i run those forms
in
> the same time and destroy one if it, other form cannot access the table.

> Can somebody help me with my problem ? I'm stuck..... Any help would be
> appreciated.... Thx

> Djodi

Fri, 28 Feb 2003 21:45:02 GMT

1. VFP 5.0 Form,Data Environment, Data Session

2. Data not updating between data sessions

3. Disappearing data in a Private Data Session

4. Data Environment and Data Source

5. Private Data Sessions

6. StatusBar and Private Data Session

7. Data Session Question

8. Form's Private Data Session working with OLE to Excel

9. How do I activate the Data Session Window??

10. Opening a form in another form's data session

11. Multiple forms w/ private data sessions, and performance

12. Data Session Question