Problems printing in XP using Visual For Pro 6.0
Author Message
 Problems printing in XP using Visual For Pro 6.0

 need some help here...

I have an application (developed using Visual Fox Pro 6.0)
which works flawlessly in windows 98/NT and 2000.
The problem appears in some PC's with Windows XP
professional. When I try to emit a report (both cases
preview and directly to the printer)
my app gets frozen, the only way to close it is by using
the task manager. All my forms and processes work without
any kind of problem.
I would like to know if the problem is related to Windows
Xp or to Visual Fox Pro 6.0.

Does anybody has information about how to solve this
issue? I'll apreciate your help...

Thanks in advance....

Sun, 01 Jan 2006 05:38:09 GMT
 Problems printing in XP using Visual For Pro 6.0
Hello, Sigfrido!
You wrote  on Tue, 15 Jul 2003 14:38:09 -0700:

 SV> I have an application (developed using Visual Fox Pro 6.0)
 SV> which works flawlessly in windows 98/NT and 2000.
 SV> The problem appears in some PC's with Windows XP
 SV> professional. When I try to emit a report (both cases
 SV> preview and directly to the printer)
 SV> my app gets frozen, the only way to close it is by using
 SV> the task manager. All my forms and processes work without
 SV> any kind of problem.
 SV> I would like to know if the problem is related to Windows
 SV> Xp or to Visual Fox Pro 6.0.

 SV> Does anybody has information about how to solve this
 SV> issue? I'll apreciate your help...

I'd say this a printer driver issue. What kind of printer driver are you
using? Did you try an updated version from the manufacturer? It sometimes
helps to remove printer info from your report files:

HOWTO: Clear Report TAG, TAG2, and EXPR Fields Using .pjx Hooks
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;257624

BTW: can you print to that driver without problems in other programs?
--
Eric den Doop

Sun, 01 Jan 2006 10:34:12 GMT
 Problems printing in XP using Visual For Pro 6.0
Hi Sigfrido:

Along with Eric's suggestion, see if these help.

Are you running VFP 6.0 with Service Pack 5?  If not, download SP5 from:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/downloads/updates/sp/vs6/sp5/defaul...

Also, since the problem might be related to a printer driver, take a look
at this article on how to use the _fpreset API call to prevent some of
these problems:

183522 FIX: Divide by Zero Creates Err with Third-Party Print Drivers
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=183522

I hope this helps.

Sincerely,
Microsoft FoxPro Technical Support
Lee Mitchell

*-- VFP8 HAS ARRIVED!! --*
Read about all the new features of VFP8 here:
   http://www.universalthread.com/VisualFoxPro/News/VFP8Release.asp
Purchase VFP8 here:
   http://shop.microsoft.com/Referral/Productinfo.asp?siteID=11518

Keep an eye on the product lifecycle for Visual FoxPro here:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?id=fh;[ln];lifeprodv
   - VFP5 Mainstream Support retires June 30th, 2003
   - VFP6 Mainstream Support retires Sept. 30th, 2003

Quote:
>Hello, Sigfrido!
>You wrote  on Tue, 15 Jul 2003 14:38:09 -0700:

 >SV> I have an application (developed using Visual Fox Pro 6.0)
 >SV> which works flawlessly in windows 98/NT and 2000.
 >SV> The problem appears in some PC's with Windows XP
 >SV> professional. When I try to emit a report (both cases
 >SV> preview and directly to the printer)
 >SV> my app gets frozen, the only way to close it is by using
 >SV> the task manager. All my forms and processes work without
 >SV> any kind of problem.
 >SV> I would like to know if the problem is related to Windows
 >SV> Xp or to Visual Fox Pro 6.0.

 >SV> Does anybody has information about how to solve this
 >SV> issue? I'll apreciate your help...

Quote:
>I'd say this a printer driver issue. What kind of printer driver are you

using? Did you try an updated version from the manufacturer? It sometimes

Quote:
>helps to remove printer info from your report files:
>HOWTO: Clear Report TAG, TAG2, and EXPR Fields Using .pjx Hooks
>http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;257624
>BTW: can you print to that driver without problems in other programs?
--
>Eric den Doop
>www.foxite.com - The Home Of The Visual FoxPro Experts - Powered By VFP8

Mon, 02 Jan 2006 00:54:34 GMT

1. Access > Visual Fox Pro 6.0 = Problems

2. Visual Fox Pro 6 Fail in Windows XP

3. Problems with Printing in Visual Fox Pro

4. Visual Studio 6.0 with XP

5. Windows 2000 Pro and XP Pro

6. FPD 2.6 Win XP Pro NTFS problem

7. Cannot merge Visual FoxPro 6 data source using MS Query in Word 97 on Windows XP

8. DB IV to Visual Fox Pro 6.0

9. Using ActiveX DLLs created in VB in Visual Fox Pro

10. using visual fox pro in winview

11. Help Using IIf in Visual Fox Pro (SQL)

12. Using Visual Fox Pro 3.0 & OLE to Open and Merge Print a WIN WORD 6.0 DOC