Custom class being lost when Release method called.
Author Message
 Custom class being lost when Release method called.

Hello world,

I have placed a custom class (containing only a bunch of properties and
methods) on a Data Entry form. I can access the class's methods and
properties just fine from my Data entry form until the Release of my form
gets called. In the de{*filter*}, when I trace my code into the Release method I
get a "Source out of date" error. Without the de{*filter*}, any attempt to
reference my class in the Release method and I get an "Unknown member ABC"
where ABC is the name of the class on the form.

I have tried renaming the class and deleting it from the form and adding it
again - with no luck.

I cannot figure out why the class is disappearing when my forms Release
method is called (via thisform.Release).

Is it possible that the form may be corrupt? I use the same class on other
forms with no problem.

Any ideas someone?????

Thanks
Andrew Grandison
South Australian Department Of Human Services

Fri, 19 Apr 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Custom class being lost when Release method called.
Andrew

Hey, another South Australian using VFP!!
Rare breed indeed <g>

Suggest you start by rebuilding your project.
In the project manager, press the "Build..." button.
Check the "Recompile all files" checkbox.

If you're using an external program editor, in the
command window, type CLEAR PROGRAM.

Just for starters.

Roger

Quote:
> Hello world,

> I have placed a custom class (containing only a bunch of properties and
> methods) on a Data Entry form. I can access the class's methods and
> properties just fine from my Data entry form until the Release of my form
> gets called. In the de{*filter*}, when I trace my code into the Release method I
> get a "Source out of date" error. Without the de{*filter*}, any attempt to
> reference my class in the Release method and I get an "Unknown member ABC"
> where ABC is the name of the class on the form.

> I have tried renaming the class and deleting it from the form and adding it
> again - with no luck.

> I cannot figure out why the class is disappearing when my forms Release
> method is called (via thisform.Release).

> Is it possible that the form may be corrupt? I use the same class on other
> forms with no problem.

> Any ideas someone?????

> Thanks
> Andrew Grandison
> South Australian Department Of Human Services

Sat, 20 Apr 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Defining methods in a custom PageFrame class

2. firing custom class methods at design time

3. calling function in custom class

4. Calling a method from a class.

5. How Tasmanian calls methods from the tsgen class

6. calling base class methods

7. Calling a method in a sub-class

8. Calling an unrelated class method

9. Custom Form Method not visible from within ActiveX method

10. I am unable to change parent class in class browser

11. Executing a Class Method outside of the class

12. Custom editor for Methods