FPW 2.6 to VFP -
Author Message
 FPW 2.6 to VFP -

Hi -

I have programmed in FPW 2.6 and am very familiar with it.  MY concern is only
that the applications built in FPW 2.6 are all 16 bit and am worried that at
some point in future the Operating system will stop supporting 16 bit
applications. Does anybody other than me have this worry?

I am planning to migrate to VFP.  I want to know specifically if the entire
application that is written in FPW 2.6 has to re-written under VFP or any easy
short cuts available.  Any potential pitfalls? ANy good books that would help
me understand VFP.

If some of you have experience in migrating from FPW 2.6 to VFP please let me
know of your experience...

Thanks in advance..

Thu, 20 Feb 2003 06:19:13 GMT
 FPW 2.6 to VFP -
I rewrote my app in VFP from FPW 2.6.  If you want to do it right, it's
basically a rewrite.

Quote:
>Subject: FPW 2.6 to VFP -

>Date: 9/2/2000 3:19 PM Pacific Daylight Time

>Hi -

>I have programmed in FPW 2.6 and am very familiar with it.  MY concern is
>only
>that the applications built in FPW 2.6 are all 16 bit and am worried that at
>some point in future the Operating system will stop supporting 16 bit
>applications. Does anybody other than me have this worry?

>I am planning to migrate to VFP.  I want to know specifically if the entire
>application that is written in FPW 2.6 has to re-written under VFP or any
>easy
>short cuts available.  Any potential pitfalls? ANy good books that would help
>me understand VFP.

>If some of you have experience in migrating from FPW 2.6 to VFP please let me
>know of your experience...

>Thanks in advance..

Mike

Thu, 20 Feb 2003 10:07:33 GMT
 FPW 2.6 to VFP -
That's curious, it works just fine for me. Maybe AOL has something against
MEI <g>. I'd try it again - maybe starting at a higher level e.g.
http://www.microendeavors.com/ and working down to
http://www.microendeavors.com/training/default.asp .

Rick

Quote:
> Your link is taking me to a 'Best of the Web' page with Shopping, Health
and so
> on....

Sat, 22 Feb 2003 20:41:24 GMT

1. Migration FPW 2.6 to VFP 6.0

2. from FPW 2.6 to VFP

3. copying data from fpw 2.6 to VFP 5 tables

4. FPW 2.6 to VFP 6.0 (forms)

5. Help - Screen resolution FPW 2.6 and VFP 5.0

6. FPW 2.6 to VFP 3.0 issues

7. Forms in FPW 2.6 vs VFP

8. FPW 2.6 vs VFP 3.0 vs ???

9. upgrading from FPW 2.6 to VFP 6

10. FPW 2.6 to VFP 5.0 project conversion (Read Modal)

11. FPW 2.6 and VFP 5.0 screens

12. How many % migration from FPW 2.6 into VFP 3.0