Blast from the past - FOXR.EXE question FOXPRO 2.5 DOS
Author Message
 Blast from the past - FOXR.EXE question FOXPRO 2.5 DOS

I need to replace a loader that was written in DOS.

Previously it called FOXR + X -T DV1000.APP to run the latest version of an
application where DV1000 was replaced with whatever the latest version was
on installed.

I am trying to use CreateProcess to do the same task, which works, but the
window does not close when FOXR finished processing.
I have used ShellExecute, which doesn't have this problem, but then the
heading of the window is f:\prg\fox\foxr.exe etc.

Any suggestions on how to get the window to close (or to rename the window
using ShellExecute)?

Fri, 10 Dec 2004 09:57:13 GMT
 Blast from the past - FOXR.EXE question FOXPRO 2.5 DOS
Hi,

The solution I have is as follows:

1. Create a PIF file (good old shortcut to a DOS program) and include
your command in there.

2. Make sure the Close Window on Exit checkbox is selected in the
shortcut

3. Use ShellExecute to run the shortcut instead.

Hope this is OK

Chris

Sat, 11 Dec 2004 16:00:36 GMT

1. Foxr.exe vs. Foxpro.exe

2. Running DOS FOXR.EXE 2.6a in Win95

3. A couple of FoxPro 2.5 (DOS) questions...

4. Converting FOXPRO 2.5 DOS to 2.6 WIN question...

5. URGENT!!! FOXPro 2.5 DOS Question

6. Foxpro 2.5 for DOS - Y2K and new PC questions

7. FoxPro 2.5 DOS COM Port I/O Question

8. FoxPro DOS 2.5 in Win DOS Shell

9. Creating an EXE in version 2.5 for DOS

10. Creating an EXE in version 2.5 for DOS

11. RUNNING AN .EXE IN 2.5 FOR DOS

12. I need a patch to FP 2.5 or 2.6 for DOS to make *.exe files