Creating FoxPro 2.6 Tables
Author Message
 Creating FoxPro 2.6 Tables

I was wondering if anyone knows of a better way of creating a new FoxPro 2.6
table
from ODBC other than the method I use at the moment?  This method is:

1. Create a table from FoxPro 2.6 with one field. I call this the
"template.dbf"

2. In the application that uses the ODBC driver, copy the "template.dbf"
file
    to "mytable.dbf"

3. Using the "Microsoft Visual Foxpro" ODBC driver, use the ALTER TABLE
command
    to add my new fields and drop the existing field.

Is there an easier way than this?

Thu, 18 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Creating FoxPro 2.6 Tables
COPY TO <tablename> TYPE FOX2X

(Further explanation etc. in foxpro help file)

Regards
Gwilym

Fri, 19 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. FoxPro 2.6 DOS EXE: Create Table and arrays in screens problem

2. FPM 2.6 enable sound files and programatically create table

3. Creating stand-alone app in FoxPro 2.6/Mac

4. Foxpro 2.6 Mac Question: Creating Directories

5. Creating command lines on the fly in FoxPro 2.6

6. how create index mdx for file dbase from foxpro dos 2.6

7. FOXPRO 2.6 create a application

8. Creating Directories through Foxpro 2.6

9. Create a directory with FoxPro 2.6

10. FoxPro 2.6 to create .EXE (Automation/Component Server)

11. Creating an executable with Foxpro 2.6

12. Creating Directories in FoxPro 2.6