VFP Query-by-Form question
Author Message
 VFP Query-by-Form question

I need to build a Query By Example form and compile it into .exe file for
one of my client.  This GUI form should allow user to set criteria for
fields at run time and generate reports.  What tools in vfp can I use to
create this?  Please advise.

Thank you in advance,
-dan

Mon, 29 Aug 2005 13:58:51 GMT
 VFP Query-by-Form question
Hello, DanH!
You wrote  on Thu, 13 Mar 2003 05:58:51 GMT:

 D> I need to build a Query By Example form and compile it into .exe file
 D> for one of my client.  This GUI form should allow user to set criteria
 D> for fields at run time and generate reports.  What tools in vfp can I
 D> use to create this?  Please advise.

 D> Thank you in advance,
 D> -dan

There is a sample in the VFP Foundation Classes:
\ Tools \ Component Gallery \ Visual FoxPro Catalog \ Foundation Classes \
Data Query \ QBF

Also, check the download area of www.universalthread.com. I think you can
find other samples there.
---
Eric den Doop

Mon, 29 Aug 2005 14:30:24 GMT
 VFP Query-by-Form question
Hi DanH:

To add to Eric's answer, I when to the download section of
www.universalthread.com and found the following query by example tools you
might want to consider:

Advanced Query Designer 2.0 - shareware
http://www.foxyard.com/downloads/index.htm

QBF Builder
http://www.classycomponents.com/products/qbf/qbfbuilder_frames.htm

Query Maker (UT Download id 9125)

I hope this helps.

Sincerely,
Microsoft FoxPro Technical Support
Lee Mitchell

Quote:
>Hello, DanH!
>You wrote  on Thu, 13 Mar 2003 05:58:51 GMT:

 D> I need to build a Query By Example form and compile it into .exe file
 D> for one of my client.  This GUI form should allow user to set criteria
 D> for fields at run time and generate reports.  What tools in vfp can I
 D> use to create this?  Please advise.

 D> Thank you in advance,
 D> -dan

Quote:
>There is a sample in the VFP Foundation Classes:
>\ Tools \ Component Gallery \ Visual FoxPro Catalog \ Foundation Classes \
>Data Query \ QBF
>Also, check the download area of www.universalthread.com. I think you can
>find other samples there.
>---
>Eric den Doop
>www.foxite.com - The Home Of The Visual FoxPro Experts - Powered By VFP8

Mon, 29 Aug 2005 23:07:34 GMT

1. Follow up question to previous thread on VFP 5.0a query questions

2. Follow up question to previous thread on VFP 5.0a query questions

3. Question on FORM design with query

4. Question on queries in VFP 5.0a

5. VFP Query Logic Question

6. VFP alters my query! (newbie question)

7. Query By Form Class for VFP 5

8. Can Query Designer create and update Query VFP 6.0

9. simple question -- use ocx in VFP form

10. VFP 6 MODI FORM question

11. VFP 5.0 Forms question

12. Questions on ActiveControl Property in vfp form.