VFP 5.0 Form,Data Environment, Data Session
Author Message
 VFP 5.0 Form,Data Environment, Data Session

I have a project which containes 3 forms all of which use the same 5
files and relationships. When I open a new form the data session on the
new form knows the data relationship befor I begin any work. This is
really nice if I want to use the same layout, but if I want to change
the relation ship or add a file and change the relationship I wipe out
all of the selationships in previously completed forms. I don't
understand what is go on can someone help me?

Thanks

Jack

Sat, 22 Jan 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 VFP 5.0 Form,Data Environment, Data Session

Quote:
> I have a project which containes 3 forms all of which use the same 5
> files and relationships. When I open a new form the data session on the
> new form knows the data relationship befor I begin any work. This is
> really nice if I want to use the same layout, but if I want to change
> the relation ship or add a file and change the relationship I wipe out
> all of the selationships in previously completed forms.

I think you want to set up your forms with Datasession=Private -- it's a
form property. This will keep all three of your forms completely
independent of each other, so any relations, or moved record pointers, will
not carry over to the next form. You can open and close tables at will,
without having to worry how it will affect the others.
--
Garrett Fitzgerald
Software R&D

Sat, 22 Jan 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Data Environment/Data Session

2. VFP 5.0 Forms & Data Environment

3. VFP 5.0: problem with data environment

4. Opening a form in another form's data session

5. user form property in a private data session form

6. Data not updating between data sessions

7. Disappearing data in a Private Data Session

8. VFP 6.0 : FLOCK() in Data environment in Form

9. VFP 6.0 : FLOCK() in Data environment in Form

10. Data Environment and Data Source

11. Form's Private Data Session working with OLE to Excel

12. Multiple forms w/ private data sessions, and performance