Wrapping text in a text box?
Author Message
 Wrapping text in a text box?

Hi all,
Can u wrap text in a text box to a new line or do I need an edit box for
that?

Regards,

Mat

Sun, 20 Feb 2005 20:59:29 GMT
 Wrapping text in a text box?
Since there is no word-wrap property in a textbox, either an editbox or
In the init of the form
STORE "hello"+CHR(13)+"World" TO this.text1.Value && Add some character
return

Quote:
> Hi all,
> Can u wrap text in a text box to a new line or do I need an edit box for
> that?

> Regards,

> Mat

Sun, 20 Feb 2005 21:44:22 GMT
 Wrapping text in a text box?
You can wrap. Just make the textbox.Height like 2 lines an keep typing. If
you want to enter linebreaks it's possible in theory; you can very well
program text4.value='aaa'+Chr(13)+'bbb'+Chr(13)+'ccc' but typing it would
take some tricks with Keypress.
Don't do it. Forget it. Find another solution, I'd say. There as a sying
'Run with the Fox' I always took it to mean to do what VFP was designed to
do the simplest way.
-Anders

Quote:
> Hi all,
> Can u wrap text in a text box to a new line or do I need an edit box for
> that?

> Regards,

> Mat

Mon, 21 Feb 2005 03:13:59 GMT
 Wrapping text in a text box?
even thought you could wrap text in a textbox, there are some problems.
first there is a limit ot the lenght of text in a textbox.  second, if you
do not know the length of the text you will have to set the text box to the
max or program for the size by calculating by the know font and font size.
asking for a lot of work.  I suggest like others have use a edit box.

Quote:
> Hi all,
> Can u wrap text in a text box to a new line or do I need an edit box for
> that?

> Regards,

> Mat

Mon, 21 Feb 2005 05:46:38 GMT

1. Text box wrap property?

2. Utility to convert 2 digit year text boxes into 4 year digit text boxes

3. Rich Text Box - creating text

4. Large Text box in Report from text file??

5. FoxPro Urgent Doubts, Word Wrap, Text Editor with formatting

6. FPW report writer wrap text string?

7. Wrapping text in 2.6?

8. Wrapping text in column grid header

9. Text Box (Combo Box) help

10. combo box, formatting a text box

11. Highlighting text after text search

12. Printing a TEXT file in TEXT mode WITH VFP