Not a table/DBF error over NT network
Author Message
 Not a table/DBF error over NT network

FOXPRO 2.6a

The "Not a table/DBF" occurs frequently on only one table over an NT4
network.
The table is large (300,000) records.
The table is not corrupt because if the user retries a few times the file is
eventually opened and the problem is intermittent.
Why does foxpro think the table is not valid. What could the network be
returning to the app that makes foxpro think the table is not valid?

Any ideas?

Thanks
Andrew Grandison

Mon, 18 Dec 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Not a table/DBF error over NT network

I'm wondering whether the table has sustained some damage-not enough to disable
it, but enough to cause trouble. You might want to try copying it over to a new
file, rebuilding its indexes and seeing if that doesn't clear things up. Zip up
the old files before you replace them as a precaution. I've seen intermittent
errors when too many try to access a table.
HTH
Mike Ballai

Tue, 19 Dec 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Not a table/DBF error over NT network

Try to check if your NT4 server is closing file connections when you stop using
them. Sometimes it does not. First sign is visible server slow down.

Quote:

> FOXPRO 2.6a

> The "Not a table/DBF" occurs frequently on only one table over an NT4
> network.
> The table is large (300,000) records.
> The table is not corrupt because if the user retries a few times the file is
> eventually opened and the problem is intermittent.
> Why does foxpro think the table is not valid. What could the network be
> returning to the app that makes foxpro think the table is not valid?

> Any ideas?

> Thanks
> Andrew Grandison

Thu, 21 Dec 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Network error: index does not match table

2. Error message - Not a table/DBF file

3. Need help w/ Not a Table/DBF errors

4. error 15 not a table/dbf

5. Error: Not a table/DBF

6. Not a Table/DBF errors

7. FPW26 error "Not a table/.DBF"

8. Error: Not a table/DBF

9. Foxpro 2.6/Windows NT Server Network error on Drive ?:

10. FPW2.6 DBF open error on Networked 350Mhz PC

11. Not a table/DBF file

12. Not a table/DBF message