W2000 hacking help
Author Message
 W2000 hacking help

Hello everybody:

    I need to copy the runtime libraries to the system folder in a Windows
200 computer. The problem I have is that the current user session does not
have permission to write in that folder and, worse of all, nobody knows the
password for the administratior of W2000.

What can I do? (besides of crying).
Is there any means by which I can change the administrator's profile?

Any advise will be helpful.

Thanks.

    Carlos Jones Terrones

Sun, 04 Sep 2005 04:42:28 GMT
 W2000 hacking help
Hello, Carlos!
You wrote  on Tue, 18 Mar 2003 14:42:28 -0600:

 CJ>     I need to copy the runtime libraries to the system folder in a
 CJ> Windows 200 computer. The problem I have is that the current user
 CJ> session does not have permission to write in that folder and, worse of
 CJ> all, nobody knows the password for the administratior of W2000.

 CJ> What can I do? (besides of crying).
 CJ> Is there any means by which I can change the administrator's profile?

 CJ> Any advise will be helpful.

 CJ> Thanks.

 CJ>     Carlos Jones Terrones

Not sure how to hack, but an alternative would be to copy the runtime files
to the folder where your program resides.
---
Eric den Doop

Sun, 04 Sep 2005 04:46:15 GMT
 W2000 hacking help
Carlos:

I've been in this predicament myself.  Do this - boot from a floppy and go
into your \winnt\system\config directory.  There you will see a file SAM.
Rename it to something else.  Reboot without the floppy and you should be
able to log in as an admin without any password.

Good luck.

Boyd

Quote:
> Hello everybody:

>     I need to copy the runtime libraries to the system folder in a Windows
> 200 computer. The problem I have is that the current user session does not
> have permission to write in that folder and, worse of all, nobody knows
the
> password for the administratior of W2000.

> What can I do? (besides of crying).
> Is there any means by which I can change the administrator's profile?

> Any advise will be helpful.

> Thanks.

>     Carlos Jones Terrones

Sun, 04 Sep 2005 05:53:29 GMT
 W2000 hacking help
I copied the runtimes to my app folder and I can run it. I will try what
Boyd suggested later when I can take control of the computer.

 Thanks a lot.

     Carlos Jones Terrones

Sun, 04 Sep 2005 06:39:13 GMT
 W2000 hacking help

Quote:
> Hello everybody:

>     I need to copy the runtime libraries to the system folder in a Windows
> 200 computer. The problem I have is that the current user session does not
> have permission to write in that folder and, worse of all, nobody knows
the
> password for the administratior of W2000.

> What can I do? (besides of crying).
> Is there any means by which I can change the administrator's profile?

> Any advise will be helpful.

> Thanks.

>     Carlos Jones Terrones

Hi Carlos
Well, in W2K and VFP7 and later the runtime files by default go into Program
Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VFP and are registered in the Registry,
so the system knows where to find them.
Microsoft no longer puts these ki9nd of files in the WinSys folder
-Anders

Sun, 04 Sep 2005 11:18:32 GMT
 W2000 hacking help
Boyd,

I was surprised reading what you wrote.
That would mean that if someone hadn't formatted his disk with NTFS someone
could that easily hack it!!!

( Correction. The path is: \winnt\system32\config\SAM )

Demetrios, Greece

Quote:
> Carlos:

> I've been in this predicament myself.  Do this - boot from a floppy and go
> into your \winnt\system\config directory.  There you will see a file SAM.
> Rename it to something else.  Reboot without the floppy and you should be
> able to log in as an admin without any password.

> Good luck.

> Boyd

> > Hello everybody:

> >     I need to copy the runtime libraries to the system folder in a
Windows
> > 200 computer. The problem I have is that the current user session does
not
> > have permission to write in that folder and, worse of all, nobody knows
> the
> > password for the administratior of W2000.

> > What can I do? (besides of crying).
> > Is there any means by which I can change the administrator's profile?

> > Any advise will be helpful.

> > Thanks.

> >     Carlos Jones Terrones

Sun, 04 Sep 2005 17:29:42 GMT
 W2000 hacking help
Carlos Jones seemed to utter in

Quote:
> Hello everybody:

>     I need to copy the runtime libraries to the system folder in a
>     Windows
> 200 computer.

I had no idea that there was a version of Windows
way back then!

-- TRW
_______________________________________
My e-mail:  t r w 7

_______________________________________

Mon, 05 Sep 2005 03:04:48 GMT
 W2000 hacking help
That would be "Windows New Testament".

Dan

Quote:
> Carlos Jones seemed to utter in

> > Hello everybody:

> >     I need to copy the runtime libraries to the system folder in a
> >     Windows
> > 200 computer.

> I had no idea that there was a version of Windows
> way back then!

> -- TRW
> _______________________________________
> My e-mail:  t r w 7

> _______________________________________

Tue, 06 Sep 2005 01:48:20 GMT

1. Hacking the SCX

2. VBX hack?

3. VFP5.0 app.exe doesn't run on W2000

4. FTP site for FoxPro code snippets & hacks

5. Neat hack in FoxWin

6. W2000 and general field

7. Hacking VFP6

8. VFP7 + W2000 Srv - an extra form feed each time a text job is printed

9. Looking for FOX like program under w2000...

10. Extremely Hate VFP On W2000/XP

11. One more of Matrix-Hacked-my-system

12. The matrix hacked my pc !!!