Using higher baudrates like 28.8K bps with MSCOMM32.OCX
Author Message
 Using higher baudrates like 28.8K bps with MSCOMM32.OCX

Could anyone tell me if it is possible to use higher baudrates with MS
Visual Foxpro 5
using the library MSCOMM32.OCX. The baudrates 38400..256000 are reserved and
gives "invalid property value" within the settings of the used comm-port.

We are also using a Turbo 16c550 Serial Card which can even select baudrates
like 230K and 460K bps,
but not within our application to communicate through MSCOMM32.OCX

If you know the answer to my problem , let me know!!!
Greetz,

Maurice

Mon, 28 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Using higher baudrates like 28.8K bps with MSCOMM32.OCX

I have used MSComm32 up to 57.6, but you have to modify the port parms from
the settings in the control panel. No problem up to 57.6, but for faster,
you need a sepecial serial I/O. The hardware manufacturer doesn't supply
one?

Paul

Quote:
> Could anyone tell me if it is possible to use higher baudrates with MS
> Visual Foxpro 5
> using the library MSCOMM32.OCX. The baudrates 38400..256000 are reserved
and
> gives "invalid property value" within the settings of the used comm-port.

> We are also using a Turbo 16c550 Serial Card which can even select
baudrates
> like 230K and 460K bps,
> but not within our application to communicate through MSCOMM32.OCX

> If you know the answer to my problem , let me know!!!
> Greetz,

> Maurice

Sat, 09 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Using higher baudrates like 28.8K bps with MSCOMM32.OCX

2. MSCOMM32.OCX and higher baud rates???????

3. Using MSCOMM32.OCX

4. help on using mscomm32.ocx

5. using mscomm32.ocx from within VFP 3.0

6. using Mscomm32.ocx ...

7. Appropriate license not found, using MSCOMM32.OCX

8. Samples of using MSCOMM32.OCX

9. VFP Boot Camp April 28 in Los Angeles!

10. How to get last day of month (28, 29, 30 or 31)

11. VFP 6.0 /SP3 : UDF and grids - returned string gets cut off to 28 chars

12. MSCOMM32.OCX problems