Visual Foxpro & ccMail
Author Message
 Visual Foxpro & ccMail

I'm trying to create an application that will send mail through CCmail
without physicaly having
to open it.  I can do this already with Outlook using the MAPI activex
controls.

If anyone can give me any information on this, or some sample code, I would
be most grateful.

Martin Folan

Sun, 14 Apr 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Visual Foxpro & ccMail
If you use DDE to control cc:Mail it has to be open.

If you use VIM to control cc:Mail it does not have to be open. However, I
tried using VIM & it doesn't work well with FoxPro as there are function
calls that require structures of pointers, etc.

The best solution I've found is to toss cc:Mail and use Outlook instead.
Outlook has a cc:Mail service that talks to cc:Mail postoffices.

Andy :^)

Quote:

>I'm trying to create an application that will send mail through CCmail
>without physicaly having
>to open it.  I can do this already with Outlook using the MAPI activex
>controls.

>If anyone can give me any information on this, or some sample code, I would
>be most grateful.

>Martin Folan

Sun, 14 Apr 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Visual Foxpro & ccMail

Quote:

> I'm trying to create an application that will send mail through CCmail
> without physicaly having
> to open it.  I can do this already with Outlook using the MAPI activex
> controls.

> If anyone can give me any information on this, or some sample code, I would
> be most grateful.

You can do this with IDSMail OCX

see http://www.intuitive-data.com/

they have sample VFP code on their web site

Christian Desbourse (Belgium)

Sun, 14 Apr 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Visual Foxpro & ccMail
Martin,
  You could do this (it works but its gruntable)
SET ALTERNATE ON
SET ALTERNATE TO <your msg txt with ccmail header>
SET ALTERNATE OFF

You will get dialog the message was imported and return to your code.
(Check ccmail docs for exact syntax)
                                Al
Quote:

> I'm trying to create an application that will send mail through CCmail
> without physicaly having
> to open it.  I can do this already with Outlook using the MAPI activex
> controls.

> If anyone can give me any information on this, or some sample code, I would
> be most grateful.

> Martin Folan

Mon, 15 Apr 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Visual SourceSafe & Visual FoxPro

2. Visual SourceSafe & Visual FoxPro

3. Sending ccMail from Foxpro 2.6

4. FoxPro & Visual FoxPro Developers

5. visual foxpro & mysql

6. Re(2): Visual Basic & Foxpro

7. Visual Basic & Foxpro

8. Emails & CCMail & Lotus Notes

9. Visual Foxpro & MySQL database

10. Visual FoxPro & Mac resource file

11. Visual FoxPro & Pentium II Processors

12. Visual FoxPro 5 & 6 Programmer Opportunity