How to programmatically set the Page length of a dot matrix printer
Author Message
 How to programmatically set the Page length of a dot matrix printer

I need to set the page length to 1 inch (this is the label height).

The Epson or IBM printer driver does not allow me to this.

I tried inserting ??? commands from within the report.

Does any body have a solution for this?

Jacobus

Sun, 19 Dec 2004 04:49:29 GMT
 How to programmatically set the Page length of a dot matrix printer
Can you print them as labels instead of as pages?

 - Rush

Quote:
> I need to set the page length to 1 inch (this is the label height).

> The Epson or IBM printer driver does not allow me to this.

> I tried inserting ??? commands from within the report.

> Does any body have a solution for this?

> Jacobus

Sun, 19 Dec 2004 06:42:59 GMT
 How to programmatically set the Page length of a dot matrix printer
Jacob - give up.  Set up a label job instead...
if you are successful in streaming out the right ascii escape code sequences
and then
issue a page eject - you still run the hazard of ejecting a full 11 inches.
there were label defs from FP 2.5 up to VFP 7 -
suggest you take a harder look at labels..
mondo regards [Bill]

--
====================================
William Sanders, Electronic Filing Group

Quote:
> I need to set the page length to 1 inch (this is the label height).

> The Epson or IBM printer driver does not allow me to this.

> I tried inserting ??? commands from within the report.

> Does any body have a solution for this?

> Jacobus

Sun, 19 Dec 2004 21:09:09 GMT
 How to programmatically set the Page length of a dot matrix printer

Jacob - give up.  Set up a label job instead...

What is a label job?

if you are successful in streaming out the right ascii escape code sequences
and then
issue a page eject - you still run the hazard of ejecting a full 11 inches.
I am setting the page length to the height of one label -
The question is, can I do this from within a report/label or am I to use
manua; ?/??/??? commands?

there were label defs from FP 2.5 up to VFP 7 -
suggest you take a harder look at labels..
mondo regards [Bill]

--
====================================
William Sanders, Electronic Filing Group
http://window.to/vfoxpro [remove the dot BOB to reply via email]
972-394-7261 MSDN ISV, VFP/SQL  [VFP and mySql? YOU BETCHA!]

Quote:
> I need to set the page length to 1 inch (this is the label height).

> The Epson or IBM printer driver does not allow me to this.

> I tried inserting ??? commands from within the report.

> Does any body have a solution for this?

> Jacobus

Sun, 19 Dec 2004 21:51:51 GMT
 How to programmatically set the Page length of a dot matrix printer
Instead of REORT FORM ... it's LABEL FORM ... . It does work slightly
different from the way a report works.

And it also uses .LBX/.LBT files instead of .FRX/.FRT files.

See MODIFY LABEL or CREATE LABEL in the help.
--

Fred
Microsoft Visual FoxPro MVP

:: Jacob - give up.  Set up a label job instead...
::
:: What is a label job?
::
:: if you are successful in streaming out the right ascii escape code
:: sequences and then
:: issue a page eject - you still run the hazard of ejecting a full 11
:: inches. I am setting the page length to the height of one label -
:: The question is, can I do this from within a report/label or am I to
:: use manua; ?/??/??? commands?
::
::
:: there were label defs from FP 2.5 up to VFP 7 -
:: suggest you take a harder look at labels..
:: mondo regards [Bill]
::
:: --
:: ====================================
:: William Sanders, Electronic Filing Group
:: http://window.to/vfoxpro [remove the dot BOB to reply via email]
:: 972-394-7261 MSDN ISV, VFP/SQL  [VFP and mySql? YOU BETCHA!]

::: I need to set the page length to 1 inch (this is the label height).
:::
::: The Epson or IBM printer driver does not allow me to this.
:::
::: I tried inserting ??? commands from within the report.
:::
::: Does any body have a solution for this?
:::
::: Jacobus

---

Mon, 20 Dec 2004 00:51:45 GMT
 How to programmatically set the Page length of a dot matrix printer
Using LABEL FORM or REPORT FORM does not make any difference. At the end of
the printing a formfeed is issued which skips the unused labels.
The only remedy is seems to be to force the page length to the label height.
So I can no longer use LABEL/ REPORT FORM (they seem to work identical),
I have to use ?/??/???

The only other solution I can think of is using a dedicated label printer.

Jacobus

[...]

Mon, 20 Dec 2004 01:28:22 GMT
 How to programmatically set the Page length of a dot matrix printer
Is the form feed occurring after every label, or only after the last label?

 - Rush

Quote:
> Using LABEL FORM or REPORT FORM does not make any difference. At the end
of
> the printing a formfeed is issued which skips the unused labels.
> The only remedy is seems to be to force the page length to the label
height.
> So I can no longer use LABEL/ REPORT FORM (they seem to work identical),
> I have to use ?/??/???

> The only other solution I can think of is using a dedicated label printer.

> Jacobus

> Instead of REORT FORM ... it's LABEL FORM ... . It does work slightly
> different from the way a report works.

> And it also uses .LBX/.LBT files instead of .FRX/.FRT files.

> See MODIFY LABEL or CREATE LABEL in the help.
> --

> Fred
> Microsoft Visual FoxPro MVP
> Please respond only to the newsgroups so that all may benefit.

> :: Jacob - give up.  Set up a label job instead...
> ::
> :: What is a label job?
> ::
> :: if you are successful in streaming out the right ascii escape code
> :: sequences and then
> :: issue a page eject - you still run the hazard of ejecting a full 11
> :: inches. I am setting the page length to the height of one label -
> :: The question is, can I do this from within a report/label or am I to
> :: use manua; ?/??/??? commands?
> ::
> ::
> :: there were label defs from FP 2.5 up to VFP 7 -
> :: suggest you take a harder look at labels..
> :: mondo regards [Bill]
> ::
> :: --
> :: ====================================
> :: William Sanders, Electronic Filing Group
> :: http://window.to/vfoxpro [remove the dot BOB to reply via email]
> :: 972-394-7261 MSDN ISV, VFP/SQL  [VFP and mySql? YOU BETCHA!]

> ::: I need to set the page length to 1 inch (this is the label height).
> :::
> ::: The Epson or IBM printer driver does not allow me to this.
> :::
> ::: I tried inserting ??? commands from within the report.
> :::
> ::: Does any body have a solution for this?
> :::
> ::: Jacobus

> ---

Mon, 20 Dec 2004 02:15:23 GMT
 How to programmatically set the Page length of a dot matrix printer
The formfeed is occuring after the last label.
We need an option added to REPORT that allows for NO formfeed at the end of
the report.

Jacobus

Is the form feed occurring after every label, or only after the last label?

 - Rush

Quote:
> Using LABEL FORM or REPORT FORM does not make any difference. At the end
of
> the printing a formfeed is issued which skips the unused labels.
> The only remedy is seems to be to force the page length to the label
height.
> So I can no longer use LABEL/ REPORT FORM (they seem to work identical),
> I have to use ?/??/???

> The only other solution I can think of is using a dedicated label printer.

> Jacobus

> Instead of REORT FORM ... it's LABEL FORM ... . It does work slightly
> different from the way a report works.

> And it also uses .LBX/.LBT files instead of .FRX/.FRT files.

> See MODIFY LABEL or CREATE LABEL in the help.
> --

> Fred
> Microsoft Visual FoxPro MVP
> Please respond only to the newsgroups so that all may benefit.

> :: Jacob - give up.  Set up a label job instead...
> ::
> :: What is a label job?
> ::
> :: if you are successful in streaming out the right ascii escape code
> :: sequences and then
> :: issue a page eject - you still run the hazard of ejecting a full 11
> :: inches. I am setting the page length to the height of one label -
> :: The question is, can I do this from within a report/label or am I to
> :: use manua; ?/??/??? commands?
> ::
> ::
> :: there were label defs from FP 2.5 up to VFP 7 -
> :: suggest you take a harder look at labels..
> :: mondo regards [Bill]
> ::
> :: --
> :: ====================================
> :: William Sanders, Electronic Filing Group
> :: http://window.to/vfoxpro [remove the dot BOB to reply via email]
> :: 972-394-7261 MSDN ISV, VFP/SQL  [VFP and mySql? YOU BETCHA!]

> ::: I need to set the page length to 1 inch (this is the label height).
> :::
> ::: The Epson or IBM printer driver does not allow me to this.
> :::
> ::: I tried inserting ??? commands from within the report.
> :::
> ::: Does any body have a solution for this?
> :::
> ::: Jacobus

> ---

Mon, 20 Dec 2004 04:36:36 GMT
 How to programmatically set the Page length of a dot matrix printer
Sounds like your printer - or printer driver - is set up to eject the last
page.  I don't /think/ that this is a Fox issue.

 - Rush

Quote:
> The formfeed is occuring after the last label.
> We need an option added to REPORT that allows for NO formfeed at the end
of
> the report.

> Jacobus

> Is the form feed occurring after every label, or only after the last
label?

>  - Rush

> > Using LABEL FORM or REPORT FORM does not make any difference. At the end
> of
> > the printing a formfeed is issued which skips the unused labels.
> > The only remedy is seems to be to force the page length to the label
> height.
> > So I can no longer use LABEL/ REPORT FORM (they seem to work identical),
> > I have to use ?/??/???

> > The only other solution I can think of is using a dedicated label
printer.

> > Jacobus

> > Instead of REORT FORM ... it's LABEL FORM ... . It does work slightly
> > different from the way a report works.

> > And it also uses .LBX/.LBT files instead of .FRX/.FRT files.

> > See MODIFY LABEL or CREATE LABEL in the help.
> > --

> > Fred
> > Microsoft Visual FoxPro MVP
> > Please respond only to the newsgroups so that all may benefit.

> > :: Jacob - give up.  Set up a label job instead...
> > ::
> > :: What is a label job?
> > ::
> > :: if you are successful in streaming out the right ascii escape code
> > :: sequences and then
> > :: issue a page eject - you still run the hazard of ejecting a full 11
> > :: inches. I am setting the page length to the height of one label -
> > :: The question is, can I do this from within a report/label or am I to
> > :: use manua; ?/??/??? commands?
> > ::
> > ::
> > :: there were label defs from FP 2.5 up to VFP 7 -
> > :: suggest you take a harder look at labels..
> > :: mondo regards [Bill]
> > ::
> > :: --
> > :: ====================================
> > :: William Sanders, Electronic Filing Group
> > :: http://window.to/vfoxpro [remove the dot BOB to reply via email]
> > :: 972-394-7261 MSDN ISV, VFP/SQL  [VFP and mySql? YOU BETCHA!]

> > ::: I need to set the page length to 1 inch (this is the label height).
> > :::
> > ::: The Epson or IBM printer driver does not allow me to this.
> > :::
> > ::: I tried inserting ??? commands from within the report.
> > :::
> > ::: Does any body have a solution for this?
> > :::
> > ::: Jacobus

> > ---

Mon, 20 Dec 2004 05:36:04 GMT
 How to programmatically set the Page length of a dot matrix printer
You'll need to define a custom form that has as it's length, 1 label height.

--

[...]

::: --
:::
::: Fred
::: Microsoft Visual FoxPro MVP
::: Please respond only to the newsgroups so that all may benefit.
:::
:::
:::

::::: Jacob - give up.  Set up a label job instead...
:::::
::::: What is a label job?
:::::
::::: if you are successful in streaming out the right ascii escape code
::::: sequences and then
::::: issue a page eject - you still run the hazard of ejecting a full
::::: 11 inches. I am setting the page length to the height of one
::::: label - The question is, can I do this from within a report/label
::::: or am I to use manua; ?/??/??? commands?
:::::
:::::
::::: there were label defs from FP 2.5 up to VFP 7 -
::::: suggest you take a harder look at labels..
::::: mondo regards [Bill]
:::::
::::: --
::::: ====================================
::::: William Sanders, Electronic Filing Group
::::: http://window.to/vfoxpro [remove the dot BOB to reply via email]
::::: 972-394-7261 MSDN ISV, VFP/SQL  [VFP and mySql? YOU BETCHA!]

:::::: I need to set the page length to 1 inch (this is the label
:::::: height).
::::::
:::::: The Epson or IBM printer driver does not allow me to this.
::::::
:::::: I tried inserting ??? commands from within the report.
::::::
:::::: Does any body have a solution for this?
::::::
:::::: Jacobus
:::
:::
::: ---

---

Mon, 20 Dec 2004 06:26:19 GMT

1. Dot-matrix printers and FoxPro Windows

2. Print properly in a Dot Matrix Printer

3. Printing on Dot Matrix printer with escape code in VFP 7.1

4. Printing on Dot Matrix printer.

5. Printing in graphics mode to Dot Matrix printers.

6. Printing to dot matrix printer

7. Printing to a dot matrix printer

8. Printing Using Dot Matrix LX 800 printer

9. Printing labels using a dot-matrix printer

10. Dot Matrix printers

11. How to print receipt using dot matrix printer?

12. VFP6 printing in draft condensed mode on dot-matrix printer