Landscape mode
Author Message
 Landscape mode

I'm printing a text file using:
set print on
type mytext.txt
set print off

I need to automatically make the printer print in landscape mode, with
legal size paper. I do not want the user to half to respond to:
SYS(1037) diaglog box.
Are there any commands for this?

(note: I'm not using report form).

THX
Mike Farnesi

Tue, 21 Sep 2004 15:26:12 GMT
 Landscape mode
 -->  (note: I'm not using report form).

But, that is your answer.... Just use report form on the text file and check
the Stretch with Overflow and you have your landscape text in any font you
like.

Regards,

Quote:
>Subject: Landscape mode

>Date: 4/4/2002 11:26 PM Pacific Standard Time

>I'm printing a text file using:
>set print on
>type mytext.txt
>set print off

>I need to automatically make the printer print in landscape mode, with
>legal size paper. I do not want the user to half to respond to:
>SYS(1037) diaglog box.
>Are there any commands for this?

>(note: I'm not using report form).

>THX
>Mike Farnesi

Mike

Tue, 21 Sep 2004 18:25:39 GMT
 Landscape mode
sorry for the lack of knowledge here but:

how do I print a text file (eg c:\temp.txt) using REPORT FORM? (I
thought it was only for printing tables).

Wed, 22 Sep 2004 03:35:01 GMT
 Landscape mode
Not at all.....

What you do is this....  open any table in your application and just make sure
you are not at EOF() and that there is at least one record in the table.  If
you set it up as a class which I did, then you may create a one record temp
table and then just delete it after the report command is issued.

The trick is again in using a private variable which is scoped to all called
forms and reports.  Now, from your form, you do this:

PRIVATE m.pcTextFile
m.pcTextFile = FileToStr("c:\temp.txt")
REPORT FORM NEXT 1 "MyReport" To Printer Prompt

The NEXT 1 will ensure that the textfile is printed only one time.

That is ALL you need.  In fact, this routine was so useful that I set it up as
a class.  You may set up a few reports with different font sizes.  What you do
is throw a textbox object in your MyReport and instead of putting a field from
a table in the textbox, just enter pcTextFile and it will print.  This goes in
the Detail band of course.  If you want a header, you may put the name of the
file, the date the time or nothing at all.

To tell you the truth, you can do A LOT more than that with the report writer.
You may even put functions in a textbox on the reportwriter.  For example:
TextFunc(mytable.myfield)  could be called as long as the function is scoped to
the reportwriter.  This came in REALLY handy when I was designing a report for
a calendar and I wanted to a grouping for AM and PM on the same page.  There
are other functions I call from time to time in various reports in my
application.  All functions are scoped with SET PROC TO but you have to be very
careful calling methods in the parent form.  You want the report to be as
encapsulated as possible.

Regards,

Quote:
>Subject: Re: Landscape mode

>Date: 4/5/2002 11:35 AM Pacific Standard Time

>sorry for the lack of knowledge here but:

>how do I print a text file (eg c:\temp.txt) using REPORT FORM? (I
>thought it was only for printing tables).

Mike

Thu, 23 Sep 2004 05:10:52 GMT

1. Textfile printing in landscape mode

2. Setting printer to landscape mode?

3. Reports in landscape mode truncated on right: why?

4. Combo Box Fields Not visible properly In View Mode(disabled mode)

5. ODBC suddenly stopped working in runtime mode, but still works in development mode

6. Landscape Report (Help!)

7. HELP! SELECT LANDSCAPE IN FPW26

8. FP MAC2.6- Landscape Printing Problem

9. How do you print in landscape?

10. Need Program Control over Printer Landscape/Portrait in FoxWin

11. Landscape printing in 2.6 Win

12. Landscape Setting Reverts to Portrait