Help with Active Text in Combo Boxes
Author Message
 Help with Active Text in Combo Boxes

Does anyone know how to make active text work in a VFP 6.0 combo box,
listing names and addresses from an address book - as an example, so that
when the user begins typing in the box the company names are filtered to
include only those companies with those first two, three, or four letters
and then finally the company name that matches? We'd like to give them the
option of either typing or using the combo box to select from the database.

Brent

Fri, 07 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Help with Active Text in Combo Boxes
Use the interactive change event of the textbox with a SET FILTER TO
command should do the trick.

- Keith

Quote:
> Does anyone know how to make active text work in a VFP 6.0 combo box,
> listing names and addresses from an address book - as an example, so
that
> when the user begins typing in the box the company names are filtered
> include only those companies with those first two, three, or four
letters
> and then finally the company name that matches? We'd like to give
them the
> option of either typing or using the combo box to select from the
database.

> Brent

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Fri, 07 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Help with Active Text in Combo Boxes

1. put this code in form's InteractiveChange Event
Requery('YourViewName')

2. create parameterize view
Create Sql View YourViewName as ;
select * from DBCUST;
  where thisform.text1.value $ companyname

PS. don't forget to set property of Text1.format = 'T'   (Trim space)
Udom Sae-Oung

Bangkok Software International Co., Ltd.
Tel. (662) 9137141-3 Fax. (662)9137144
Homepage http://www.bsi.co.th and  http://www.thaijustice.com

> Does anyone know how to make active text work in a VFP 6.0 combo box,
> listing names and addresses from an address book - as an example, so that
> when the user begins typing in the box the company names are filtered to
> include only those companies with those first two, three, or four letters
> and then finally the company name that matches? We'd like to give them the
> option of either typing or using the combo box to select from the
database.

> Brent

Sat, 08 Mar 2003 02:20:45 GMT

1. Help with Active Text in Combo Boxes

2. Help with Active Text in Combo Boxes

3. active text in combo box

4. Text Box (Combo Box) help

5. combo box, formatting a text box

6. COMBO BOX, PLEASE HELP, PLEASE HELP, PLEASE HELP!

7. Utility to convert 2 digit year text boxes into 4 year digit text boxes

8. Disable and Enable Editing of a Text/Combo/List Box

9. Change combo to text box

10. Storing Combo Box Text Values

11. Enter text in combo box

12. combo/text box question