VFP8 + Win95 + DEFINE BAR
Author Message
 VFP8 + Win95 + DEFINE BAR

Hello,

Right, Visual FoxPro 8.0 System Requirements says that Win95 is not
supported for Design-time and Run-time
( http://www.*-*-*.com/ ),
but you can run application compiled in VFP8 on Win95.
It goes for first look good, but when I open Modal Form BARs defined by
command DEFINE BAR disappear from menu :-(.
In VFP7 there are not problems of course.

Please, can you help me with that problem ??

.easy resolution is:
1) reinstall to Win98 or WinME,.., there are not problems with MENU
   defined by DEFINE BAR, but a lot of customers have Win95..
2) do not use VFP8

Mon, 05 Sep 2005 20:11:00 GMT
 VFP8 + Win95 + DEFINE BAR
I see nowhere in the document that it says you can run a VFP 8.0 app in Win95. As you suggest if you
must support VFP applications under Win95, stay with VFP 7.0 SP1 - at least you'll know any problems
you run into are either in your code or in Win95! :-)

Rick

Quote:

> Hello,

> Right, Visual FoxPro 8.0 System Requirements says that Win95 is not
> supported for Design-time and Run-time
> (http://www.universalthread.com/VisualFoxPro/News/VFP8Release.asp),
> but you can run application compiled in VFP8 on Win95.
> It goes for first look good, but when I open Modal Form BARs defined by
> command DEFINE BAR disappear from menu :-(.
> In VFP7 there are not problems of course.

> Please, can you help me with that problem ??

> .easy resolution is:
> 1) reinstall to Win98 or WinME,.., there are not problems with MENU
>    defined by DEFINE BAR, but a lot of customers have Win95..
> 2) do not use VFP8

> --

Tue, 06 Sep 2005 02:57:55 GMT

1. EMPTY class vs #DEFINE (VFP8)

2. VFP5/Win95: How are Fontnames Defined?

3. scroll bars for user defined windows

4. Define Bar & Prompt Change

5. Menu popups...without DEFINE BAR

6. DEFINE BAR and Beautify

7. DEFINE BAR

8. DEFINE BAR - Speed problem

9. MRU clause in DEFINE BAR x OF popMyPopup doesn't work OK.

10. Sroll bar in Modi file and user defined window

11. Disable win95 status bar

12. TASK BAR IN WIN95