Attach a report to a database
Author Message
 Attach a report to a database

In fox2x when you wrote a report --- it was automaticly
associated with the database you are in ---- how to do
this in VFP7 --- I tried the wizard but at step 5 to
choose the fields there was no database up even though I
was in the DB I needed

THANKS

Tue, 06 Sep 2005 04:14:07 GMT
 Attach a report to a database
Hello, Joe!
You wrote  on Thu, 20 Mar 2003 12:14:07 -0800:

 JR> In fox2x when you wrote a report --- it was automaticly
 JR> associated with the database you are in ---- how to do
 JR> this in VFP7 --- I tried the wizard but at step 5 to
 JR> choose the fields there was no database up even though I
 JR> was in the DB I needed

 JR> THANKS

If I understand you correctly, you want to bind the report to a table and
it's fields right? VFP reports have a DataEnvironment, just like VFP forms.
To open the DE, right click the report and select Data Environmnt from the
shortcut menu. In the DE, add the tables/views you want to use in your
report.
---
Eric den Doop

Tue, 06 Sep 2005 04:44:34 GMT
 Attach a report to a database
Hi Joe,

Did you choose tables and fields in Step 1? If the database/tables you want
aren't listed there you can use the More ("...") button and locate the
tables you want.

> In fox2x when you wrote a report --- it was automaticly
> associated with the database you are in ---- how to do
> this in VFP7 --- I tried the wizard but at step 5 to
> choose the fields there was no database up even though I
> was in the DB I needed

Tue, 06 Sep 2005 04:52:03 GMT

1. how to attach screen to renamed database file?

2. Attaching reports to an E-mail

3. Attaching multiple reports to single WinFax send job

4. Attaching to DBC from Access MDB

5. Can I attach icon in Foxpro .exe file

6. Foxpro 2.5 Attaching files to records?

7. :Re: Foxpro 2.5 Attaching files to records?

8. Attaching VFP 5.0 indexed tables in MS Access

9. Attach File on OUTLOOK 2002

10. Attach file from OUTLOOK

11. Attach file to Outlook

12. trouble Appending records to attached DBF table (ACC 97)