Problem with Select SQL and table buffering
Author Message
 Problem with Select SQL and table buffering

Problem with Select SQL and table buffering

I have the folowing problem:
I have two tables, in a one to many relation.
The field the two tables are linked by is called room_no.

I have to make misc. processing on them using buffering, so I'm opening them
with buffering enabled (set to 5).

Here is my problem.
In my processing, I add / delete / change records to both tables.
But, at some point, I need to create a temporary cursor with a inner join
select.
But, after select is executed, my temp cursor doesn't contains any of the
changes I've made to that tables.
I saw in the documentation Select openes the tables similar with USE ...
AGAIN, so it doesn't take care of my last changes.
How can I solve this?
Might be the only way to build the cursor "by hand", in code ?

Thank you.

Bogdan

Mon, 31 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Problem with Select SQL and table buffering
Make certain that you perform a TABLEUPDATE() before you run you SQL. If this is
not done, none of your changes will appear in your cursor.

Quote:

--
Shar Feldheim
PC Software,INC - Dpartement Amrican, le Prsident d'honneur

Mon, 31 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Problem with Select SQL and table buffering
This is my problem, I can't make tableupdate() at this point.

So, I think I have to build my cursor by hand.

Thank you anyway.

Bogdan

Quote:
> Make certain that you perform a TABLEUPDATE() before you run you SQL. If
this is
> not done, none of your changes will appear in your cursor.

> > Problem with Select SQL and table buffering

> > I have the folowing problem:
> > I have two tables, in a one to many relation.
> > The field the two tables are linked by is called room_no.

> > I have to make misc. processing on them using buffering, so I'm opening
them
> > with buffering enabled (set to 5).

> > Here is my problem.
> > In my processing, I add / delete / change records to both tables.
> > But, at some point, I need to create a temporary cursor with a inner
join
> > select.
> > But, after select is executed, my temp cursor doesn't contains any of
the
> > changes I've made to that tables.
> > I saw in the documentation Select openes the tables similar with USE ...
> > AGAIN, so it doesn't take care of my last changes.
> > How can I solve this?
> > Might be the only way to build the cursor "by hand", in code ?

> > Thank you.

> > Bogdan

> --
> Shar Feldheim
> PC Software,INC - Dpartement Amrican, le Prsident d'honneur
> <<Quand le singe monte en haut du mat, on lui voit les fesses>>
> Visual Foxpro Development -
> Minneapolis, Minnesota USA -
>    Web Site: <http://www.threedub.com>

Mon, 31 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. Problem with Select SQL and table buffering

2. SQL-Select on buffered tables

3. SQL Select & Table Buffering

4. SQL-Select from table-buffered cursor

5. How can you SQL select buffered tables

6. How can you SQL Select buffered tables

7. SQL Select from Buffered Table

8. Table buffering and SQL SELECT and DE

9. Update SQL On Buffer Mode Override = Optimistic Table Buffering

10. Table Buffering Problem (using level 5 buffering)

11. Problem of putting the result of SQL Select to an existing table

12. - How to SELECT from table buffered view without issuing TABLEUPDATE