Enter date into a textbox
Author Message
 Enter date into a textbox

Sorry, stiil at the early learning stage!

I would like to let the user enter a date into a textbox.  I know I
can specify the input mask as "99-99-9999" and I can specify the
format as "D".

Can I specify the control so that the "Value" of the control is of type
"Date".  That is, does Visual Foxpro recognise a date as a valid format
when entering data from a text box.

Thanks  Andrew

Sat, 03 Sep 2005 06:41:26 GMT
 Enter date into a textbox
Skip the other settings and intitialize its value to {}. (That's two curly
braces.) That will default it to a date data type.

Dan

Quote:

> Sorry, stiil at the early learning stage!

> I would like to let the user enter a date into a textbox.  I know I
> can specify the input mask as "99-99-9999" and I can specify the
> format as "D".

> Can I specify the control so that the "Value" of the control is of type
> "Date".  That is, does Visual Foxpro recognise a date as a valid format
> when entering data from a text box.

> Thanks  Andrew

> --

Sat, 03 Sep 2005 08:45:19 GMT
 Enter date into a textbox

Thanks Dan.  That does it.

Sat, 03 Sep 2005 18:19:51 GMT

1. Entering Date in textbox

2. Disable <Enter> key within textbox

3. Entering Currency into Textbox

4. Exiting a textbox with ENTER

5. textboxes and enter key

6. FDP2.6 auto-entering current date in field

7. User-Interfaces and Entering Dates

8. How to enter date parameter for parameterised view

9. Entering part of date

10. Entering date filter at runtime

11. Entering Date values

12. Format datetime for date in textbox