Follow up question to previous thread on VFP 5.0a query questions
Author Message
 Follow up question to previous thread on VFP 5.0a query questions

Hi

Sorry to be a pain I have almost got the idea now but still  have a
couple more questions.

Previously I was told that to perform a search for substrings inside
strings the following would work.

"%string%"

How would I apply this principle to the following:

lcWhereClause = [WHERE &lcSearchField = UPPER(M.lcSearchString)]

SELECT * FROM invt;
        &lcWhereClause INTO CURSOR QueryResult

The problems I have are how to attach the % characters to the
M.lcSearchString variable and inserting a LIKE into the statement so
that it works (everytime I tried to use a like it returned no records
found)

Also I have a general question on making the searches case insensitive
for example if I used :

lcWhereClause = [WHERE &lcSearchField = (M.lcSearchString)]

and was searching for "Screw" then the search only returned the exact
match (case wise) so{*filter*}or{*filter*}were ignored.

Likewise f I used

lcWhereClause = [WHERE &lcSearchField = UPPER (M.lcSearchString)]

Then only{*filter*}returned records. Is there not a way to make the
queries totally case insensitve and just match on the characters?

Once again thank you for your time and patience.

Nick Steele

Wed, 12 Apr 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Follow up question to previous thread on VFP 5.0a query questions

2. Question on queries in VFP 5.0a

3. Question about VFP 5.0 and VFP 5.0a

4. To 5.0a or not to 5.0a, that's the question

5. Interesting Problem (continuation from my previous question)

6. ComboBox -Previous Data Question

7. A few Questions on VFP 5.0a

8. VFP 5.0a Questions

9. VFP 5.0a: General Questions

10. VFP 5.0a - one more resize related question

11. DragIcon Question VFP 5.0a

12. Questions regarding Multi-threading server (dll)