Help! App Won't open in NT
Author Message
 Help! App Won't open in NT

I have a application built in Fox Pro 2.6 and has opened and worked
fine all along in Windows 95 and Windows 98. We are now migrating to
Windows NT 4.0 Workstations and when I try to open the application I
get a "data overflow" (or something similar) error message. All I can
do is close the erro message, the app never opens at all.

We need this app badly and do not want to recreate it. Does anyone know
what is wrong? Does it have something to do with NT or with the speed
of the processor (we are using 500 and up)? Is there a patch? If so
where can I download it.

Please let me know. Thanks.
John

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.*-*-*.com/

Fri, 06 Jun 2003 12:49:24 GMT
 Help! App Won't open in NT
I may have answered my own question...I ran the International version patch
IPATCHFP.exe for runtime applications and that seems to have cleared the
error.
still testing though....

Quote:

> I'm running a Foxpro 2.6 runtime application on a 500mhz NT workstation
> and get an error "An error has occurred in your program, to keep working
> anyway click ignore and save your work in a new file.  To Quit this
> program, click Close". I know Foxpro 2.6 needs to upgraded to 2.6a to
> run on fast machines, but how do I upgrade a Runtime Application?

This was a message posted under Foxpro2x. I think it answers your question.
In need to to be in FoxPro26a and run this IPATCHFP.exe

Quote:
> I have a application built in Fox Pro 2.6 and has opened and worked
> fine all along in Windows 95 and Windows 98. We are now migrating to
> Windows NT 4.0 Workstations and when I try to open the application I
> get a "data overflow" (or something similar) error message. All I can
> do is close the erro message, the app never opens at all.

> We need this app badly and do not want to recreate it. Does anyone know
> what is wrong? Does it have something to do with NT or with the speed
> of the processor (we are using 500 and up)? Is there a patch? If so
> where can I download it.

> Please let me know. Thanks.
> John

> Sent via Deja.com
> http://www.deja.com/

Fri, 06 Jun 2003 18:13:29 GMT
 Help! App Won't open in NT
Is this an app in Fp26 dos or Fp26 Win?   If fp26 Win then there are
patches required for high-speed processors;  fp26 Dos has always run
fine for me under Win95/98/NT/2000 as is, though.

I don't know exactly where to get the patches... shouldn't be hard to
find though;  Anyone else know?

Quote:

>I have a application built in Fox Pro 2.6 and has opened and worked
>fine all along in Windows 95 and Windows 98. We are now migrating to
>Windows NT 4.0 Workstations and when I try to open the application I
>get a "data overflow" (or something similar) error message. All I can
>do is close the erro message, the app never opens at all.

>We need this app badly and do not want to recreate it. Does anyone know
>what is wrong? Does it have something to do with NT or with the speed
>of the processor (we are using 500 and up)? Is there a patch? If so
>where can I download it.

>Please let me know. Thanks.
>John

>Sent via Deja.com
>http://www.deja.com/

Sat, 07 Jun 2003 02:13:36 GMT
 Help! App Won't open in NT
the problem occurs with PII and PIII processors.
If you need the patch mail me your correct  e-mail (I've tried to send you
all, but without success)

Sat, 07 Jun 2003 16:08:32 GMT

1. VFP 5.0a and NT 4 -- App Won't Start

2. My Foxpro program won't work in Windows NT 4.0 __Help__

3. HELP - Client's computer freezes when opening FPW 2.6 app

4. FPW 2.6 app won't install under Win 98

5. Win 3.x won't quit after VFP app runs from batch file

6. Help - FPW2.6 on Win NT 4.0 or any NT server

7. Problem executing FOXPRO 2.6a App on Win NT 4.0

8. FPW 2.6 prob: NT Thinks files are open after app closed

9. Old App not run in Win 95 nor NT

10. pdf in grid won't open

11. memo field in a grid that is on a modal form won't open

12. Form Won't Open