Scrolling Quirk
Author Message
 Scrolling Quirk

I don't mean to post a bunch of complaints about VFP, I
happen to think it is a great tool and I use it all day
almost every day.  But this is another little glitch:

I must get hit by this little annoyance ten times a day.

If the project manager is not the current window in the
VFP IDE, if you go directly to the scrollbar "thumb" of
the project manager and scroll the window by dragging the
thumb up or down, the contents appropriately scroll up
or down.  But when you release the thumb, the window
snaps back to its "pre-scrolled" location!  The same
thing happens if you go directly to the up or down
arrow button of the scroll bar and hold it down to
scroll.  When the mouse button is released, the
project window snaps back to the pre-scrolled
position.

The only way to get the project window to scroll
correctly when coming to it from another window is
to first click on the window, then scroll it.  It
will not scroll correctly if its first receipt of
focus is a scrolling action.

This same behavior happens to a scrolled browse
window and some other windows in the DE, but not
all.  Very odd.  And often annoying.

Funny thing, lists and grids in forms developed in
VFP don't do this.

-- TRW
_______________________________________
My e-mail:  t r w 7

_______________________________________

Sun, 09 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Scrolling Quirk

Quote:
>If the project manager is not the current window in the
>VFP IDE, if you go directly to the scrollbar "thumb" of
>the project manager and scroll the window by dragging the
>thumb up or down, the contents appropriately scroll up
>or down.  But when you release the thumb, the window
>snaps back to its "pre-scrolled" location!  The same
>thing happens if you go directly to the up or down
>arrow button of the scroll bar and hold it down to
>scroll.  When the mouse button is released, the
>project window snaps back to the pre-scrolled
>position.

I've noticed this too, and I always thought I was doing something (like
dragging the mouse cursor off the scrollbar inadvertently before letting
go of the mouse button.)  But, what you've pointed out is true. One thing,
even more quirky, that I've noticed is that if the scroll-position-thingy
is not at the very top or very bottom, and you drag it all the way to the
top or bottom, it won't snap back.  If the positioner is at the top or
bottom, it will ALWAYS snap back to that position, even if you drag it all
the way to the opposite (bottom or top).  Not much of a fix, because it's
probably easier to click in the PM window than drag the thing to the
bottom, but just thought I'd tell you.

- John

Sun, 09 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. 2.6 runtime quirk

2. :Re: FP 2.6 Macintosh Quirks

3. FP 2.6 Macintosh Quirks

4. Grid quirk: Partition prop and MODI CLASS

5. fopen(lpt1,11) quirks on NT

6. Select SQL into a Grid - quirk? VFP3.0

7. strtran() quirks

8. quirks of the strtran() function

9. FoxPro 2.6 DOS and OS/2 Quirks?

10. VFP6 - How to scroll large container with controls inside scrolling form.

11. Seperate scroll bars

12. Report scrolls on screen...