Form not closing when clicking on the [X] button on the form
Author Message
 Form not closing when clicking on the [X] button on the form

I have an SDI form.  The main FoxPro window is hidden.  I have a menu on
the form.  It is a top level form.

When I click on the [X] on the form it just greys out and returns me to one
of the forms objects.  The same thing happens if I try and use the control
box's close option.

Anyone run into this one and figured it out?

Thanks in advance,

Ron Hadler

Sat, 06 Nov 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Form not closing when clicking on the [X] button on the form

Have you saved a reference to the form or one of its objects? The form
won't release until all related object references are released.

HTH, Dan

Quote:

>I have an SDI form.  The main FoxPro window is hidden.  I have a menu on
>the form.  It is a top level form.

>When I click on the [X] on the form it just greys out and returns me to one
>of the forms objects.  The same thing happens if I try and use the control
>box's close option.

>Anyone run into this one and figured it out?

>Thanks in advance,

>Ron Hadler

Sun, 07 Nov 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Form not closing when clicking on the [X] button on the form

Dan,

I don't have any objects open.  I places a call to the forms release method
in the query unload method and that seemed to do the trick.

Thanks anyway.

Ron

Quote:
> Have you saved a reference to the form or one of its objects? The form
> won't release until all related object references are released.

> HTH, Dan

Sun, 07 Nov 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Can I Detect a click on forms close button

2. Detecting a click on a forms close button

3. cancel a destroy event / or click the close button and don't leave the form

4. Closing windows using form's Close Button

5. setfocus in keypress of form causes form to not close

6. Launch code from click event within button group of default form

7. Clicking a form button from a toolbar?

8. Need help attaching code to click event of default form command buttons

9. Calling button Click from SDI form menu

10. Close a form with a command button

11. Question with Close button On Form

12. Close Button on Main Form v.5.0a