On Key Label ALT+F6
Author Message
 On Key Label ALT+F6

In VFP 6.0 at the command window type in . . .

On Key Label ALT+F4 ? "Test"
On Key Label ALT+F6 ? "Test"

When I press ALT-F4, "Test" shows up on the screen.

When I press ALT-F6, "Test" does not show up on the screen.

I know ALT-F4 is a Windows 95 key but VFP 6.0 overrides that function.

Is there something special about ALT-F6 ?

Thanks.

Sun, 09 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 On Key Label ALT+F6

ummm.... in my PC, is working both with the Alt-F4 and Alt F6...

Alex Castillo

Quote:
> In VFP 6.0 at the command window type in . . .

> On Key Label ALT+F4 ? "Test"
> On Key Label ALT+F6 ? "Test"

> When I press ALT-F4, "Test" shows up on the screen.

> When I press ALT-F6, "Test" does not show up on the screen.

> I know ALT-F4 is a Windows 95 key but VFP 6.0 overrides that function.

> Is there something special about ALT-F6 ?

> Thanks.

Sun, 09 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 On Key Label ALT+F6

Odd.  I tried it with the de{*filter*} up (as "separate environment") and it
toggled back and forth.  It appears to flip to the prior "Top-level-form".
I ran two instances of a form w/ ShowWindow 2 (as top-level form).  So
whichever of that VFP session's top level forms were the last two, it
toggles back and forth.  Weird.

Quote:

> In VFP 6.0 at the command window type in . . .

> On Key Label ALT+F4 ? "Test"
> On Key Label ALT+F6 ? "Test"

> When I press ALT-F4, "Test" shows up on the screen.

> When I press ALT-F6, "Test" does not show up on the screen.

> I know ALT-F4 is a Windows 95 key but VFP 6.0 overrides that function.

> Is there something special about ALT-F6 ?

> Thanks.

Sun, 09 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 On Key Label ALT+F6
PS - That was on a Win95.  Win2K uses the ON KEY LABEL setting.

Quote:
> Odd.  I tried it with the de{*filter*} up (as "separate environment") and it
> toggled back and forth.  It appears to flip to the prior "Top-level-form".
> I ran two instances of a form w/ ShowWindow 2 (as top-level form).  So
> whichever of that VFP session's top level forms were the last two, it
> toggles back and forth.  Weird.

Quote:
> > In VFP 6.0 at the command window type in . . .

> > On Key Label ALT+F4 ? "Test"
> > On Key Label ALT+F6 ? "Test"

> > When I press ALT-F4, "Test" shows up on the screen.

> > When I press ALT-F6, "Test" does not show up on the screen.

> > I know ALT-F4 is a Windows 95 key but VFP 6.0 overrides that function.

> > Is there something special about ALT-F6 ?

> > Thanks.

Sun, 09 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 On Key Label ALT+F6

I was using W2K and VFP with the last SP, that way, it works for Alt-F4 and
AltF6... is it a problem with Win9x?

Alex

Quote:
> PS - That was on a Win95.  Win2K uses the ON KEY LABEL setting.

> > Odd.  I tried it with the de{*filter*} up (as "separate environment") and it
> > toggled back and forth.  It appears to flip to the prior
"Top-level-form".
> > I ran two instances of a form w/ ShowWindow 2 (as top-level form).  So
> > whichever of that VFP session's top level forms were the last two, it
> > toggles back and forth.  Weird.

> > > In VFP 6.0 at the command window type in . . .

> > > On Key Label ALT+F4 ? "Test"
> > > On Key Label ALT+F6 ? "Test"

> > > When I press ALT-F4, "Test" shows up on the screen.

> > > When I press ALT-F6, "Test" does not show up on the screen.

> > > I know ALT-F4 is a Windows 95 key but VFP 6.0 overrides that function.

> > > Is there something special about ALT-F6 ?

> > > Thanks.

Sun, 09 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 On Key Label ALT+F6

RD,
Use "Disp Stat" to insure your Alt+F6 assignment actually registered. If it did, examine the open menu for a hot key next to a menu
item. This will override the key assignment.

--
Brett_Slattery

: In VFP 6.0 at the command window type in . . .
:
: On Key Label ALT+F4 ? "Test"
: On Key Label ALT+F6 ? "Test"
:
: When I press ALT-F4, "Test" shows up on the screen.
:
: When I press ALT-F6, "Test" does not show up on the screen.
:
: I know ALT-F4 is a Windows 95 key but VFP 6.0 overrides that function.
:
: Is there something special about ALT-F6 ?
:
: Thanks.
:
:
:
:
:

Sun, 09 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 On Key Label ALT+F6
Both work on my machine

running w2k machine

Rob

Quote:
> In VFP 6.0 at the command window type in . . .

> On Key Label ALT+F4 ? "Test"
> On Key Label ALT+F6 ? "Test"

> When I press ALT-F4, "Test" shows up on the screen.

> When I press ALT-F6, "Test" does not show up on the screen.

> I know ALT-F4 is a Windows 95 key but VFP 6.0 overrides that function.

> Is there something special about ALT-F6 ?

> Thanks.

Mon, 10 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 On Key Label ALT+F6
That's my current theory.  Forgot to try it on Win98.  My Win95 was on SP3
w/ 2K on SP4.  I'm leaning the OS direction, myself.

Quote:
> I was using W2K and VFP with the last SP, that way, it works for Alt-F4
and
> AltF6... is it a problem with Win9x?

> Alex

> > PS - That was on a Win95.  Win2K uses the ON KEY LABEL setting.

> > > Odd.  I tried it with the de{*filter*} up (as "separate environment") and
it
> > > toggled back and forth.  It appears to flip to the prior
> "Top-level-form".
> > > I ran two instances of a form w/ ShowWindow 2 (as top-level form).  So
> > > whichever of that VFP session's top level forms were the last two, it
> > > toggles back and forth.  Weird.

function.

Mon, 10 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 On Key Label ALT+F6
How about swapping keyboards?

- Keith

Quote:
> In VFP 6.0 at the command window type in . . .

> On Key Label ALT+F4 ? "Test"
> On Key Label ALT+F6 ? "Test"

> When I press ALT-F4, "Test" shows up on the screen.

> When I press ALT-F6, "Test" does not show up on the screen.

> I know ALT-F4 is a Windows 95 key but VFP 6.0 overrides that function.

> Is there something special about ALT-F6 ?

> Thanks.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Mon, 10 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. Alt+F6 Doesn't Work -- HELP!!

2. How to disable ALT-TAB, ALT-ESC keys

3. More keys for ON KEY LABEL

4. Alt-Key not so hot - why?

5. Disabling Alt Key - How?

6. Assigning Alt+F4 or Ctrl+F4 to Function keys

7. <ALT> Key problems

8. Not Permitting ALT-KEY Combinations

9. IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO CONTROL (SHIFT, CONTROL, ALT) KEY STROKES

10. IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO CONTROL (SHIFT, CONTROL, ALT) KEY STROKES

11. IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO CONTROL (SHIFT, CONTROL, ALT) KEY STROKES