Printer Problem in VFP5.0
Author Message
 Printer Problem in VFP5.0

Help!
I am on a network and have a HP LaserJet printer as my default on the
network.
I have a local printer on lpt1
I create a report using the HP as the default printer.
I want to print to the local printer using the following code..
x = getprinter()    && I select the local printer
set printer to name (x)        && also tried set printer to (x)
repo form myReport to printer nocon      && outputs to the HP!
What am I doing wrong?
Thanks in advance

Sat, 29 Apr 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Printer Problem in VFP5.0

USE the report.frx as a table. Then delete out the tag, tag2 and expr memo
contents of the first record. You can set the printer to your network
printer, then call the getprinter(), then the report form. This will make
your network printer popup up first for the users. You can then change it to
your local printer from your machine each time you run the report.

+AD4-Help+ACE-
+AD4-I am on a network and have a HP LaserJet printer as my default on the
+AD4-network.
+AD4-I have a local printer on lpt1
+AD4-I create a report using the HP as the default printer.
+AD4-I want to print to the local printer using the following code..
+AD4-x +AD0- getprinter()    +ACYAJg- I select the local printer
+AD4-set printer to name (x)        +ACYAJg- also tried set printer to (x)
+AD4-repo form myReport to printer nocon      +ACYAJg- outputs to the HP+ACE-
+AD4-What am I doing wrong?
+AD4-Thanks in advance
+AD4-
+AD4-
+AD4-
+AD4-

Sat, 29 Apr 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Printer Problem in VFP5.0

SET PRINTER TO only works for directing console output to a printer. I am
having the same problem, I need to be able programmatically choose what
printer my reports are directed to. Changing the default printer temporarily
through API calls is the only thing that I can think of. Sorry I couldn't be
of more help.

If anyone else has a suggestion it would be much appreciated!

Thanks,

Sam Kessel

Sat, 29 Apr 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Printer Problem in VFP5.0

Rob,
In order to make the printer switch, you must update the registry and/or
win.ini entries for default printer.
See the WIN32API notes on the PutProfileString() GetProfileSTring() to
do this.

Quote:

> Help!
> I am on a network and have a HP LaserJet printer as my default on the
> network.
> I have a local printer on lpt1
> I create a report using the HP as the default printer.
> I want to print to the local printer using the following code..
> x = getprinter()    && I select the local printer
> set printer to name (x)        && also tried set printer to (x)
> repo form myReport to printer nocon      && outputs to the HP!
> What am I doing wrong?
> Thanks in advance

Sat, 29 Apr 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Printer Problem in VFP5.0

2. Still having a problem with HP printers and VFP5

3. Printer capture problem of VFP5 on Novell network

4. Problem issuing printer code to Epson Printer (FP for DOS)

5. Controling a PCL Printer from VFP5

6. Set Printer To lpt2 or lot3 VFP5.0

7. Changing W98 Default Printer from VFP5

8. Duplex printer using VFP5.0 Report Writer

9. VFP5 & Printer Fonts

10. Currently selected printer in VFP5

11. currently selected printer in VFP5

12. Set papersource fo printer in VFP5.0