Converting Visual objects to PRG
Author Message
 Converting Visual objects to PRG

Hi All,
Does anyone know if there is a simple way to convert a VCX file to  a PRG
file, or vice versa
Glenn

Fri, 15 Dec 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Converting Visual objects to PRG

Quote:

>Hi All,
>Does anyone know if there is a simple way to convert a VCX file to  a PRG
>file, or vice versa
>Glenn

Hi Glenn,
You can use the View Class Code in the Class Browser to view VCX file code
and Cut and Paste it in new PRG file.
Best regards Milan

Fri, 15 Dec 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Converting Visual objects to PRG

Simply use the class browser (under the tools menu) to open the vcx
and look at the class in question, and then click the "View Class
Code" button (third from the left on the class browser form).  Running
this code will define the class.

The converse is not true though - you can't save a class defined only
in code to a vcx, however.

Quote:

--
Jerry Ritcey

To reply to me via email remove the "spammenot"
from my email address

Fri, 15 Dec 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Converting Visual objects to PRG

Glenn,

The code produced by the class browser is not runnable code of there is any containership
of objects deeper than just form level. We don't really have two-way tools like Visual
dBASE if that is what you are looking for. You could build the translator in VFP if you
were desperate enough.

df    - (Microsoft FoxPro MVP) http://www.geocities.com/ResearchTriangle/9834/

Quote:

>Does anyone know if there is a simple way to convert a VCX file to  a PRG
>file, or vice versa

Fri, 15 Dec 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Converting Visual objects to PRG

Wouldn't that be  nice, though?  Or even create a form from code...

--

Nancy Folsom
*Please post any response to the newsgroup.  Thanks!*

...snip

Quote:
>The converse is not true though - you can't save a class defined only
>in code to a vcx, however.

Mon, 18 Dec 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Converting Visual objects to PRG

To be honest I've never understood why that is the case.  It seems to
me it wouldn't be hard to create a default form, altered with the
properties you change and save it into a VCX file.  Maybe they have
some other reason for doing it...though I can't think of what it might
be...

One could I suppose, rolls one's VCX but this kind of solution has
always struck me as crude and not very upgradable in the future.

On Thu, 2 Jul 1998 14:24:48 -0600, "Nancy Folsom" <abqnfatdamesdotcom>

Quote:

--
Jerry Ritcey

To reply to me via email remove the "spammenot"
from my email address

Tue, 19 Dec 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Converting Visual objects to PRG

Hi Nancy,

Quote:

>Wouldn't that be  nice, though?  Or even create a form from code...

>...snip
>>The converse is not true though - you can't save a class defined only
>>in code to a vcx, however.

I'm pretty sure there's something in TRUE [from Tom Rettig] which converts a
class defined in a prg file to a vcx/vct file.

There's a copy of TRUE included on the disk with the Hacker's Guide.

Best.

--

Matt McQueen
Matt McQueen Software Ltd.

Tue, 19 Dec 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Converting Visual objects to PRG

Quote:

>> I'm pretty sure there's something in TRUE [from Tom Rettig] which converts a
>> class defined in a prg file to a vcx/vct file.

>Yes, that is generally "true" ('ar-'ar)  However there is some VFP syntax that
>it cannot handle.  I think referencing some things in other classes or
>object levels is something has no equivalent in .PRG code, but I can't recall
>the details at the moment.

     Nope.  I write only code.  I have references to form level
methods in pushbuttons on the form.  For example,
          thisform.btnok()
I figure that the handling for an OK button belongs most closely to
the form even if it is a button of the form that activates it, so the
method is there.  I have no problem referring to it.

Quote:
>FWIW, "TRUE" stands for Tom Rettig's Utility Extensions.

Sincerely,

Gene Wirchenko

Computerese Irregular Verb Conjugation:
     I have preferences.
     You have biases.
     He/She has prejudices.

Wed, 20 Dec 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Visual class object access from .PRG

2. Can SCX convert to PRG

3. Code to convert a VUE to a PRG?

4. Possible to convert FPW26 report to .prg?

5. Convert report from visual foxpro 6 to visual foxpro3

6. convert visual foxpro to visual basic

7. CONVERT scx TO PRG

8. converting from DBASE prg files

9. How to convert .exe files back to prg source .code files

10. CONVERT *.PRG

11. CONVERT SCX to PRG

12. Converting Form to PRG