Detail Band is Too Large
Author Message
 Detail Band is Too Large

Hello, can anyone explain why would you get an
error message like "Detail Band is too large" or
something to that effect.

This message only happens when you try to print
this already compiled visual foxpro program.  It
happens on the following printers and I haven't
been able to figure out if its the printer or the
program.

The printers are:

HPDeskjet 890C
Okidata Okipage4W

Please someone give me some ideas...I really
would appreciate this.

Thanks.
Bettina

Sent via Deja.com http://www.*-*-*.com/

Tue, 01 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Detail Band is Too Large
Hello,

I wanted to know if anyone knew why do you get a message "Detail Band
is Too Large".

I get this message on a visual foxpro 5.0 compiled program.  This
message only occurs when users try to print a specific report.  But it
only occurs to some users who have the following type of printers:

HP Deskjet 890C
Okidata/Okipage 4W

I don't know if its the printers unable to download or recognize the
fonts or does that message have anything to do with fonts.

I would appreciate your ideas or suggestions.

Thanks.
Bettina

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

Tue, 01 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Detail Band is Too Large
You get this message if your detail lines are too big to fit on the
printable area of your page.
It can happen that the page footer takes up too much space.

Try to view it in preview mode at design time, trying to select the
diffferent printers. I once had a label printer with default paper size of
just some centimetres, giving this error, so maybe the default paper size
attached to the printer is too small.

--
Robert van Geel (live fast, die long)

Quote:

> Hello, can anyone explain why would you get an
> error message like "Detail Band is too large" or
> something to that effect.

> This message only happens when you try to print
> this already compiled visual foxpro program.  It
> happens on the following printers and I haven't
> been able to figure out if its the printer or the
> program.

> The printers are:

> HPDeskjet 890C
> Okidata Okipage4W

> Please someone give me some ideas...I really
> would appreciate this.

> Thanks.
> Bettina

Tue, 01 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Detail Band is Too Large
I also had this problem, especially with HP deskjets.  The problem was
that the report did not fit on the physical page.  I corrected this by
moving fields closer together (side to side), so there was a 1/2 inch
margin on all sides.
Quote:

>Hello, can anyone explain why would you get an
>error message like "Detail Band is too large" or
>something to that effect.

>This message only happens when you try to print
>this already compiled visual foxpro program.  It
>happens on the following printers and I haven't
>been able to figure out if its the printer or the
>program.

>The printers are:

>HPDeskjet 890C
>Okidata Okipage4W

>Please someone give me some ideas...I really
>would appreciate this.

>Thanks.
>Bettina

>Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

Fri, 11 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Detail band too large

2. detail band too large

3. VFP5: Detail band is too large to fit on page

4. Print error message: Detail band is too large to fit on page

5. Details Band Is Too Large - VFP5.0a

6. VFP5: Detail band is too large to fit on page

7. Group footer same height as detail band (when it should be 0)

8. How to limit the height for detail band

9. detail band

10. Spanning details footer band across pages

11. lines repeated in detail band

12. Detail - Constant band height