Doing events during a long-running program
Author Message
 Doing events during a long-running program

I have a VFP6 application that does long-running statistical
calculations. During the run it displays messages in a grid. Some of the
messages are tied to a hyperlink control that allows more detailed
information to be obtained.

I would like for the user to be able to scroll the grid and click the
hyperlinks while the run progresses. Is there an easy way to do this?

Fri, 02 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Doing events during a long-running program
In my experiance the way to do this is to make sure that you litter your
statistical calcualtion code with DOEVENTS commands. This will allow windows
to process pending events such as mouse clicks and drags (such as those on a
grid).

Good luck and HTH,

Ryan Jentzsch

Quote:
> I have a VFP6 application that does long-running statistical
> calculations. During the run it displays messages in a grid. Some of the
> messages are tied to a hyperlink control that allows more detailed
> information to be obtained.

> I would like for the user to be able to scroll the grid and click the
> hyperlinks while the run progresses. Is there an easy way to do this?

Fri, 02 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Doing events during a long-running program

Tom,
Either insert a DOEVENTS in the loop or set _VFP.AutoYield to .T.

HTH
Regards,
Remus

Quote:
> I have a VFP6 application that does long-running statistical
> calculations. During the run it displays messages in a grid. Some of the
> messages are tied to a hyperlink control that allows more detailed
> information to be obtained.

> I would like for the user to be able to scroll the grid and click the
> hyperlinks while the run progresses. Is there an easy way to do this?

Sat, 03 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. vfp6 bug after program running a long time

2. VFP5 crashes while doing long sql-select

3. Override tab during keypress event (VFP5.0)

4. modify the click event during execution

5. timer event does not fire during query

6. events not firing - during typeahead

7. events not firing - during typeahead

8. Running a 2.6 (dos) program from Visual FoxPro 6 program

9. Running 2 programs at the same time within a program

10. Memorizing form configuration during program execution

11. Compile on Win98, run on WinNT - can this be done

12. RUN outside program as child of VFP Program