Record update problems
Author Message
 Record update problems

PROBLEM:
Invoice record is not updated (i.e. blank record added) or New Invoice
record information replaces an old record's information.

I use the wizard's txtbtns class.

WHAT I HAVE DONE:
I have a Invoice form, that has a one-to-many relationship:
Invoice - vwInvoiceDtl
Invoice (is a table with buffering [5])
vwInvoiceDtl (is a view with buffering [5])
This form is used by multiple terminals and runs on a LAN environment.
A new Invoice record is created with id = ""
everytime a new detail is added to vwInvoiceDtl, vwInvoiceDtl.id = ""
So before saving these records (i.e. calling TABLEUPDATE for all used tables
and views), an unique number of retrieved from a lookup table. and these
steps are performed:
REPLACE Invoice.ID WITH lcNewInvoiceID
UPDATE vwInvoiceDtl SET vwInvoiceDtl.InvoiceID = lcNewInvoiceID

Thu, 18 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Record update problems
I don't remember the internals of the wizard textbuttons.  If you're doing
anything non-standard, you might consider not using the form wizard at all,
in fact.

You might trace through the save button's click method to see where the
tableupdate is failing.

--
Nancy

Quote:
> PROBLEM:
> Invoice record is not updated (i.e. blank record added) or New Invoice
> record information replaces an old record's information.

> I use the wizard's txtbtns class.

> WHAT I HAVE DONE:
> I have a Invoice form, that has a one-to-many relationship:
> Invoice - vwInvoiceDtl
> Invoice (is a table with buffering [5])
> vwInvoiceDtl (is a view with buffering [5])
> This form is used by multiple terminals and runs on a LAN environment.
> A new Invoice record is created with id = ""
> everytime a new detail is added to vwInvoiceDtl, vwInvoiceDtl.id = ""
> So before saving these records (i.e. calling TABLEUPDATE for all used
tables
> and views), an unique number of retrieved from a lookup table. and these
> steps are performed:
> REPLACE Invoice.ID WITH lcNewInvoiceID
> UPDATE vwInvoiceDtl SET vwInvoiceDtl.InvoiceID = lcNewInvoiceID

Thu, 18 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Record update problems
The problem is most times its okay... only sometimes it fails... like 1 out
of 500
It seems that the record pointer had moved in those instances that failed...
But none of my code actually move the current pointer in the parent table.
Can it be because of multi-user problems... SET REFRESH related ... etc..
Thanx in advance..

Quote:
> I don't remember the internals of the wizard textbuttons.  If you're doing
> anything non-standard, you might consider not using the form wizard at
all,
> in fact.

> You might trace through the save button's click method to see where the
> tableupdate is failing.

> --
> Nancy

> > PROBLEM:
> > Invoice record is not updated (i.e. blank record added) or New Invoice
> > record information replaces an old record's information.

> > I use the wizard's txtbtns class.

> > WHAT I HAVE DONE:
> > I have a Invoice form, that has a one-to-many relationship:
> > Invoice - vwInvoiceDtl
> > Invoice (is a table with buffering [5])
> > vwInvoiceDtl (is a view with buffering [5])
> > This form is used by multiple terminals and runs on a LAN environment.
> > A new Invoice record is created with id = ""
> > everytime a new detail is added to vwInvoiceDtl, vwInvoiceDtl.id = ""
> > So before saving these records (i.e. calling TABLEUPDATE for all used
> tables
> > and views), an unique number of retrieved from a lookup table. and these
> > steps are performed:
> > REPLACE Invoice.ID WITH lcNewInvoiceID
> > UPDATE vwInvoiceDtl SET vwInvoiceDtl.InvoiceID = lcNewInvoiceID

Fri, 19 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Record update problems
I have a problem with a new record not being recognised untill I actually
move the record pointer in the table - it may not be the same problem as
yours but it might be worth testing to see if the new info is available
before and after the record pointer in your invoice table is moved

Fri, 19 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Problems with record locking and updating

2. Problem Updating Records

3. Problem updating cursors with multiple records

4. Updating A Record Within A Grid (And Trying Not To Move Off Record Till Done)

5. Problem repositioning record point to end of grid when appending records

6. Grid Record Pointer Repositioning Problem When Appending Records.

7. Urgent help on update records

8. updating a record on the LAN

9. Urgent help on update record

10. select the most updated record

11. Mult-User/Multi-Record updates (fixing an old program)

12. PRB: Update a record using VFP ODBC Driver?