Record newly inserted into MS SQL Server not immediately available when reselecting
Author Message
 Record newly inserted into MS SQL Server not immediately available when reselecting

Dear All,

I used a "SQL View" to add a record to a table of MS SQL Server 7.0, after
"=TableUpdate(.T.)" and immediatly issued a "SQL-Pass-through" query to
re-select it (I wanted to get the IDENTITY).   However, the newly added
record was not available.

In all other cases, I can re-select this rocord without any problem.   I
refer to MS's web-page, it mentioned that this may happen to Access 2000
database, but didn't mention MS SQL Server.

Any hints?  Thanks in advance!

Best regards,
Martin Lam

Fri, 14 Jan 2005 10:35:20 GMT
 Record newly inserted into MS SQL Server not immediately available when reselecting

Quote:
> Dear All,

> I used a "SQL View" to add a record to a table of MS SQL Server 7.0, after
> "=TableUpdate(.T.)" and immediatly issued a "SQL-Pass-through" query to
> re-select it (I wanted to get the IDENTITY).   However, the newly added
> record was not available.

> In all other cases, I can re-select this rocord without any problem.   I
> refer to MS's web-page, it mentioned that this may happen to Access 2000
> database, but didn't mention MS SQL Server.

> Any hints?  Thanks in advance!

Have never tried that in VFP but you could get the same result in VB if the
connection is asynchronouse then you would have to check if it already
completed the transaction
Quote:
> Best regards,
> Martin Lam

Sun, 16 Jan 2005 08:38:04 GMT

1. Help: MS SQL Insert not showing default MS SQL values

2. Problem inserting records into SQL Server...

3. Transaction - insert DOES NOT insert the record

4. Transaction - insert DOES NOT insert the record

5. Transaction - insert DOES NOT insert the record

6. Error inserting records using INSERT-SQL command

7. SQL Server and Insert-SQL

8. SQL Server and Insert-SQL

9. FoxPro, MS SQL Server, Transact SQL/Stored Procedures - Sacramento

10. Send an VFP General Record to a SQL Server Image Record

11. Database positions available immediately

12. View lost newly appended record after return from the another form