Help: Form.Refresh() doesn't work for active form if mutiple forms on screen
Author Message
 Help: Form.Refresh() doesn't work for active form if mutiple forms on screen

We've got an application that has multiple instances of a form on the
scree, each with different data.  We need these forms to be updated on a
periodic basis (every 10-30 seconds, or so).  Our solution was to add a
Timer to the _SCREEN, and have the Timer event execute code like:

for m.i = 1 to _SCREEN.formcount
        _screen.forms(m.i).refresh()
endfor

, which works, unless there is more than one form displayed, in which
case, all forms but the *active* form (the one referenced by
_SCREEN.activeform) are refreshed.

Anybody got a clue as to *why*?

Another possible solution is to put timers in each form, and to a do
thisform.refresh() in the timer event, but this has the forms update at
wildly different times.  At least is works, though.

Thanks,
---
Trey Boudreau

Sat, 06 Mar 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Why doesn't my Form Refresh ?

2. Mouse cursor doesn't work in a form

3. Search form doesn't work...

4. Always On Top - and modal forms- doesn't work to well

5. Top level form menu & active form

6. Making a form the active form

7. form doesn't show up in debug mode

8. EXE doesn't show form

9. Newbie: image doesn't update on my form

10. search screen from wizstyle doesn't work in 5.0

11. Search screen from Wizstyle doesn't work in 5.0

12. Can't minimize parent when child form active