ANNOUNCE: XBASE module in perl
Author Message
 ANNOUNCE: XBASE module in perl

Hi Everyone,

        I have an updated release of the xbase module in perl 5 that
allows you to read xbase files (especially Foxpro since I test with
it) with indexes. I use it to query databases from within CGI
programs. It is free like all good stuff <g>.

Fixes in this release:

Problem with go_next, go_prev after a seek in an indexed file.
Problem with parsing headers of dbf files with records larger than 255

Added :

support for Foxpro memo fields.
Function get_record to read an entire record into an array.

You can get further info from

<" http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~pereira/software/xbase/">

Thanks,

-pratap

--
Pratap Pereira
               Electrical Engineering, Ohio State University. GO BUCKS!!

Tue, 09 Dec 1997 03:00:00 GMT

1. Xbase for DOS PERL

2. Xbase for DOS perl

3. : HELP!! FoxPro memo field, ODBC, Perl

4. HELP!! FoxPro memo field, ODBC, Perl

5. Perl-ish associative array in VFP?

6. reading in hand(Perl) formatted data

7. Writing Foxpro readable data with perl

8. DBF access from PERL

9. ****Southern Cali Perl Prgmr Needed ASAP

10. Problem with Perl, ODBC and Visual Foxpro 6.0

11. Announcing a VFP Course for Eastern Canada and New England

12. NEW RELEASE ANNOUNCE: CodeServer 5.1