Foxprow 2.5 problem
Author Message
 Foxprow 2.5 problem

Hi,

I have the following problem in foxpro for windows 2.5a.

In one of my applications I use the SQL-select command to create a
cursor out of two databases. I need to present data of the two tables
on the same screen. The tables are relational, so I need some name
info from one file to replace the common code from the second file.
When I do this in foxprow everything goes fine.  If I do it from the
compiled version (exe) I get an error indicating that I'm trying to
aggregate on non-numerical values, which I'm not doing.  If I open the
exe twice, and I run this routine the problem does not occur.

The problem seems to be connected with the fact that this application
runs in a network environment.  If I run it as stand alone this error
never pops up.  All files are opened as shared and the only purpose of
the program is to read or print what's in the files.

I really can't see what's the problem here.  I tried using an array
instead of a cursor, a table, a dbf, nothing helps.  Even more,
according to me this goes beyond any logic.

Anyone can help me?

Erik

Sun, 07 May 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Foxprow 2.5 problem

Can anyone help you?  Hopefully someone else can.  YOU can help out by
providing the error number (happens to be 1811).  Also, you may want to
provide a snippet of the SQL statement, perhaps what you are
appending/replacing.  IOW, perhaps some more substance.

create a

Quote:
> cursor out of two databases. I need to present data of the two tables
> on the same screen. The tables are relational, so I need some name
> info from one file to replace the common code from the second file.
> When I do this in foxprow everything goes fine.  If I do it from the
> compiled version (exe) I get an error indicating that I'm trying to
> aggregate on non-numerical values, which I'm not doing.  If I open the
> exe twice, and I run this routine the problem does not occur.

> I really can't see what's the problem here.  I tried using an array
> instead of a cursor, a table, a dbf, nothing helps.  Even more,
> according to me this goes beyond any logic.

> Anyone can help me?

Sun, 07 May 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Foxprow 2.5 problems with indexes files

2. Strange FoxProw 2.5/WFW problem

3. @ ..EDIT in FoxproW 2.5

4. WIN3.1 printing from FoxProW 2.5

5. Printing multipage reports using FoxproW 2.5 on Lantastic/Workgroup

6. foxprow 2.5 & win2k

7. graphic under foxprow 2.5

8. FoxproW 2.5

9. Foxprow 2.5 development