FPW 2.6 Font Question
Author Message
 FPW 2.6 Font Question

Rick,
I'm not sure if it works in the runtime environment, but in the development
environment, you should find a FOXPRO.INI in the "Windows" directory
(normally C:\Windows\ on Win 95/98, C:\Winnt\ on NT 4.0). I currently have
these lines:
[FoxPro]
Zoomed=0
Row=0
Column=0
Height=838
Width=1155
xHeight=0
xWidth=0
FontName=FoxFont
FontStyle=0
FontSize=9
PrtFontName=FoxPrint
PrtFontStyle=0
PrtFontSize=10

Of course the specified font(s) will need to be installed on the system.

Rick

Quote:

> clause, while others do not.  The compiled EXE is displaying differently
on
> various machines, and even differently on the same machine depending on
> whether the executable is run directly or thru FoxPro with the DO command.

> My question is this:  Is there a way to set the current font in FPW?  (VFP
> has this ability using the _Screen.FontName and _Screen.FontSize
> properties.)  I assume the problem is that when he does not specify a
font,
> the so-called "current font" is used, which may somehow be different in
> different environments.  This assumption could be wrong.  In some screens
he
> ACTIVATEs a window.  I told him to apply a FONT clause to these.  In
others,
> he is placing his SAYs and GETs directly on the screen.  I guess he could
> add a FONT clause to these.  The box draw command, however, has no FONT
> clause.

> I used FPW for several years, but always used the screen builder.  I don't

> environment.

> Any help would be appreciated.

> Rick Rieger

Sat, 22 Feb 2003 20:56:12 GMT
 FPW 2.6 Font Question
Thanks, Rick.  I'll forward on this message and we'll try your suggestion.
Your help is much appreciated!

Rick Rieger

Quote:
> Rick,
> I'm not sure if it works in the runtime environment, but in the
development
> environment, you should find a FOXPRO.INI in the "Windows" directory
> (normally C:\Windows\ on Win 95/98, C:\Winnt\ on NT 4.0). I currently have
> these lines:
> [FoxPro]
> Zoomed=0
> Row=0
> Column=0
> Height=838
> Width=1155
> xHeight=0
> xWidth=0
> FontName=FoxFont
> FontStyle=0
> FontSize=9
> PrtFontName=FoxPrint
> PrtFontStyle=0
> PrtFontSize=10

> Of course the specified font(s) will need to be installed on the system.

> Rick

> > clause, while others do not.  The compiled EXE is displaying differently
> on
> > various machines, and even differently on the same machine depending on
> > whether the executable is run directly or thru FoxPro with the DO
command.

> > My question is this:  Is there a way to set the current font in FPW?
(VFP
> > has this ability using the _Screen.FontName and _Screen.FontSize
> > properties.)  I assume the problem is that when he does not specify a
> font,
> > the so-called "current font" is used, which may somehow be different in
> > different environments.  This assumption could be wrong.  In some
screens
> he
> > ACTIVATEs a window.  I told him to apply a FONT clause to these.  In
> others,
> > he is placing his SAYs and GETs directly on the screen.  I guess he
could
> > add a FONT clause to these.  The box draw command, however, has no FONT
> > clause.

> > I used FPW for several years, but always used the screen builder.  I
don't

> > environment.

> > Any help would be appreciated.

> > Rick Rieger

Sun, 23 Feb 2003 07:34:35 GMT
 FPW 2.6 Font Question
In addition to Rick's suggestion, try MODIFY WINDOW SCREEN FONT "FoxFont",9
in your startup program, substituting your preferred screen font.

Dan

Sun, 23 Feb 2003 23:33:48 GMT
 FPW 2.6 Font Question
Rick, I don't know how your friend do to "In others, he is placing his SAYs
and GETs directly on the screen.". In a FPW exe, you MUST have a main window
because you can't write directly to a W98 (or other) screen. He can have a
font clause for this windows and all the other windows must be DEFINE  ...
IN window main

Hope this can help

--

Pour comprendre la rcursivit, il faut d'abord comprendre la rcursivit

Wed, 26 Feb 2003 23:28:14 GMT
 FPW 2.6 Font Question
Sorry for the delayed response, but I was on vacation the past week.  You
are right.  He must be writing to the main FoxPro window.  What he is doing

you for your help.

Rick Rieger

Quote:
> Rick, I don't know how your friend do to "In others, he is placing his
SAYs
> and GETs directly on the screen.". In a FPW exe, you MUST have a main
window
> because you can't write directly to a W98 (or other) screen. He can have a
> font clause for this windows and all the other windows must be DEFINE  ...
> IN window main

> Hope this can help

> --

> Pour comprendre la rcursivit, il faut d'abord comprendre la rcursivit

Tue, 04 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 FPW 2.6 Font Question
Dan,

Thanks for the suggestion and I'm sorry for the delayed response. (I was on
vacation).  This looks like the way to go.

Rick Rieger

Quote:
> In addition to Rick's suggestion, try MODIFY WINDOW SCREEN FONT
"FoxFont",9
> in your startup program, substituting your preferred screen font.

> Dan

Tue, 04 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. FPW 2.6 Main Window font

2. Help!: Bizarre Font problems - FPW 2.6

3. dBASE ACCEPT font problem in FPW 2.6

4. FPW 2.6: Two fonts in one SHOW

5. Printing, Fonts - FPW 2.6

6. FPW 2.6: Install Fonts in Windows

7. Font Programming in FPW 2.6 under WIN95

8. HELP: _Really Annoyinng_ FPW 2.6 font problem

9. FoxPro 2.6 fonts in FPW

10. FPW 2.6 - Changing the Default Printing Font

11. FPW 2.6 Fonts

12. FPW 2.6 Report question