FPW 2.6 - Network
Author Message
 FPW 2.6 - Network

Hans...
USE <tableName> SHARED is a first start for a network application. That change
allows many users to access the data at the same time.

If you are NOT concerned about the users' changing the data, you can change your
SCX objects to "Output Field (Say)" for each object.

A faster method is to put the statement: SHOW GETS DISABLE in the SCX Activate
procedure of the SCX. You can later remove this expression and add more code for
RLOCK() when the user needs to change the data on a particular screen.

hth

Quote:

--
Shar Feldheim
PC Software,INC - Dpartement Amrican, le Prsident d'honneur

Fri, 21 Feb 2003 01:55:49 GMT
 FPW 2.6 - Network
Hi,

Issuing SET EXCLUSIVE OFF at the beginning of the app, or EXCLUSIVE=OFF in
the CONFIG.FPW file and deleting the EXCLUSIVE from the USE command will
work, but remember that some commands require exclusive use of the file,
e.g. PACK, INDEX ON and ZAP.

Neil

Quote:
> Hi folks,
> we have developed a couple of applications in FPW 2.6 and want to give
> access to these applications in a network. Is it true that I have only to
> delete the "EXCLUSIVE" in the "USE" command to give multiple users access
> the same databases?? I want to give only "Read-only" access to the
> databases.
> HaJo

Wed, 26 Feb 2003 02:00:19 GMT
 FPW 2.6 - Network
HoJo,

I can't see the rest of the thread, so I don't know if you've gotten the
answer you need:

USE MyFile SHARED NOUPDATE

--

Cindy Winegarden
Microsoft Certified Professional, Visual FoxPro

Duke Children's Information Systems
Duke University Medical Center

| Hi,
|
| Issuing SET EXCLUSIVE OFF at the beginning of the app, or EXCLUSIVE=OFF in
| the CONFIG.FPW file and deleting the EXCLUSIVE from the USE command will
| work, but remember that some commands require exclusive use of the file,
| e.g. PACK, INDEX ON and ZAP.
|
| Neil
|

| > Hi folks,
| > we have developed a couple of applications in FPW 2.6 and want to give
| > access to these applications in a network. Is it true that I have only
| > delete the "EXCLUSIVE" in the "USE" command to give multiple users
access
| > the same databases?? I want to give only "Read-only" access to the
| > databases.
| > HaJo

Wed, 26 Feb 2003 18:00:13 GMT

1. FPW 2.6 network and printing questions

2. FPW 2.6 Network Printing

3. FPW 2.6 problem with Microsoft network

4. slow speed FPW 2.6 application on Network

5. fpw 2.6 over network

6. Serious Network Problem- FPW 2.6 on NT 4 SP 6

7. Network printing with FPW 2.6

8. FPW 2.6 on a Network

9. FPW 2.6 Hangs machine on Network

10. FPW 2.6 and Windows 95 (new) - error starting FPW

11. FPW 2.6, config.fpw, >1 instance of fox

12. FPW 2.6 and MacIntosh 2.6